Counterintelligence TSCM Officer V at Olgoonik
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Springfield, VirginiaJob Description:
Technical Counterintelligence Officers plan, organize, and direct Technical Surveillance Countermeasure (TSCM) operations vital to the technical and physical security accreditation of Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIF) and collateral facilities at NGA, industry, and field sites.
- Use tactics, techniques, procedures, and best practices to detect and/or prevent technical penetration of specified areas.
- The TSCM Systems Engineer provides TSCM security engineering, integration services, technical assessments, and solutions.
- Conduct liaison with DoD/Intelligence/law enforcement communities.
- Mitigate foreign intelligence and terrorist threats affecting NGA personnel, technologies, infrastructure, and capabilities.
- Must possess superior writing and briefing skills and publish finished analysis.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors or equivalent experience in a related field.
- 15 years' experience for Level 5.
- 7 years' experience in TSCM (Federal Government) environment.
- For TSCM Technical Lead: Experience must include 5 years as a TSCM program manager or equivalent.
- For TSCM Team Chief: Experience must include 5 years as a TSCM Team Chief.
- Successful completion of Interagency Training Center (ITC) TSCM Fundamental course.
- Experience with analytical problem solving and familiar with conducting TSCM or IPMS investigations and operations.
- Credentialed from a recognized counterintelligence training school desired.
- TSCM and IPMS Technician positions must: possess a comprehensive knowledge of secure voice/data systems, radio frequency (RF) transmission systems and communication infrastructures; be able to apply standards listed in ICD 705, DoD 5105.21-M-1, and DoD5240.05-M-1 and M-2; have an understanding of TEMPEST requirements; have a working knowledge of NSTISSAM-TEMPEST/2-95; and, have experience with the specific types of TSCM and IPMS systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of DoD/Intelligence/law enforcement communities.
- Understanding of geospatial-intelligence products, capabilities, and missions applicable to the CI functions.
- Working knowledge of NSTISSAM-TEMPEST/2-95; and, have experience with the specific types of TSCM and IPMS systems.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- No supervisory experience required.
TOP SECRET Clearance Level Required
- Must have a current US Government TOP SECRET Personnel Security Clearance.
- Must have a current US Government Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) (less than 4-1/2 years old) or be able to successfully complete a U.S. government administered Single Scope Background Investigation.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be eligible for and able to obtain and maintain required Security Clearance/access approvals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and /or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operated vehicles and office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, and distance vision.
Some travel may be required based on business demands
General office environment.