Lead Full Stack Engineer at CardinalHire
Posted in Architecture 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
Values of the Engineering A-Team:
- Product-minded - We work closely with our users (lawyers & clients) to understand their needs, so we can develop tools to make their jobs and lives easier.
- Ownership & Delivery - We work in small cross-functional teams, making a large impact on the products we create from idea to launch.
- Iterate quickly - We have a bias to build MVPs and collect direct feedback from the users of our software for faster iteration.
As a Senior Engineer / Tech Lead, you will have a unique opportunity to understand the problems of and build tools that our lawyers and their clients will use on a daily basis. To do this, you will work with product managers, lawyers, other engineers, and our CTO and CEO.
Your work will be highly impactful in helping our start-up clients make actionable decisions to be more successful. Tools and new features may be implemented in a matter of a day, and fast iteration is ideal to make the tools more useful and efficient. We are a fast-growing company with leadership opportunities available to you as the team continues to expand.
What you’ll get to do:
- Write clean and scalable APIs and the backend that our products depend on
- Collaborate with our cross-functional team including lawyers to define features and build powerful and easy-to-use products and customer-facing workflow tools
- Integrate with existing legal technology products that we and others have developed
- Help develop effective processes for ensuring our products have quality code and minimal defects
- Provide technical leadership and mentor other engineering team members
What you need to be successful:
- 6+ years of experience with SQL databases (we use Postgres) and other data stores like Redis
- Strong proficiency building services on Heroku or AWS; Docker knowledge a plus
- Prior experience designing and building APIs
- Excellent English communication skills to collaborate with a service-oriented team
- Strong ability to effectively identify and solve challenging problems
- Technical leadership, ability to manage a project end-to-end, and mentor junior devs
- Other key attributes: resourceful, results-driven, and committed to quality
What you’ll get:
- The unique opportunity to join one of the hottest SF startups to watch in 2018. We're not just another legal tech company disrupting a traditional industry, we're transforming how legal services are provided!
- Top-tier mentorship from experienced founders, including Justin Kan
- Competitive compensation and sweet perks like catered lunch daily, Bevi machine, endless coffee, and snacks
- San Francisco office