Process Development Engineer II at Rich Products Corporation
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Buffalo, New York
Company: Rich Products Corporation
Rich’s has been able to pull off something rare in the business world: a culture that successfully blends the latest business practices with family values. That means our associates are able to work for a great company while also benefiting from a work environment that fosters world class professionalism combined with family intimacy. Our benefit offerings are reflective of this unique blend of Life, Work and Family .
Utilizes engineering fundamentals to identify, propose, analyze, and design next generation food processing technologies for medium and high complexity projects
Requires ability to use and apply knowledge of various engineering disciplines to execute projects aligned with the Global technology Strategy. Significant collaboration is expected with all scientists and engineers in the Product and Packaging areas and Engineering.
- Develop and manage projects to install factory scalable equipment into the pilot plant and assessment of pilot plant scalability.
- Initiate test plan development, experimental setup, test execution and data analysis to quantify key process and packaging machine parameters and fundamental mechanisms at both pilot and factory scale.
- Deliver scalable process specifications collaboratively developed with Product Development and Supply Engineering to achieve exceptional product attribute targets and ensure superior product quality and food safety.
- Identify and evaluate innovative processing options based on product attribute requirements including evaluation based on technical and economic feasibility.
- Provide technical support to product development and Supply on new or existing processes.
- Build/maintain networks within the Technology, Product Implementation and Packaging, Engineering
- Lead translation of technology ideas into visual, physical models and working prototypes.
- Delivery of IP for technical insulation of new technology.
- Apply Lean Thinking principles and Value Added Engineering.
- Work as part of the engineering team to assist in the management of scale-up risk and introduction of technology into supply chain.
- Minor Project and Budget responsibilities are required with potential contractor and technician management responsibility.
- B.S. degree in Food Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical
Engineering, or related engineering field
- Minimum of 6 years of process engineering experience
- Strong engineering fundamentals and familiarity with experimental design and statistical data analysis.
- Self-starter with assertive project ownership qualities.
- Demonstrated abilities to be creative and innovative.
- Working knowledge of process development and industry best practices, packaging science, consumer needs/trends, and potential relevant technologies.
- Demonstrated process development and project management abilities.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, experimental design software, and CAD systems (e.g. Solidworks, AutoCAD).
- Able to travel internationally up to 30% of the time.
Rich Products Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rich Products Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.