Infrastructure Project Manager at Rich Products Corporation
Posted in Architecture 21 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Buffalo, New York
Rich’s has been able to pull off something rare in the business world: a culture that successfully blends the latest business practices with family values. That means our associates are able to work for a great company while also benefiting from a work environment that fosters world class professionalism combined with family intimacy. Our benefit offerings are reflective of this unique blend of Life, Work and Family .
Responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of multiple medium or large/complex projects. Provides a single point of contact for those projects. Takes project from initial start-up through closedown. Ensures assigned projects are completed in accordance with established timelines, budgets and quality expectations. Responsible for the establishment of policy, processes, tools and techniques used by IS Associates for executing projects. Provides project management training, coaching, consulting and mentoring to IS Associates.
Responsible for moderate to complex analytical, technical and administrative work in the planning, design and delivery of new and existing personal computing and productivity systems/tools. Ensures capabilities of our computing environment to support the deployment of business applications. Delivers services and operational support around these systems.
Project Management (50%)
- Plans, develops, implements and coordinates Infrastructure projects/programs, typically business critical and large in scope.
- Monitors and directs or performs day-to-day operations of the assigned program to ensure that policies and procedures are being followed, that goals and objectives are met, and that services and projects are being accomplished efficiently and effectively; takes corrective action as necessary.
- Oversee IS projects/programs, provide guidance to project managers, assist in building project teams, and managing/coordinating projects.
- Promote horizontal and vertical communications between project teams and the rest of the organization; Assist with team and organization interfaces.
- Establishes and implements short and long-term goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates program/project effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement.
- Develop and/or facilitate the definition of a business case for project initiatives and enhancements.
- Help to ensure that the project/program/enhancement delivers the anticipated benefits.
- Monitors and stays abreast of technical and operational changes that affect the activities and work processes of the program.
- Leverage current technology - Insures process and methodologies are adhered to. This includes System Life Cycle, Project Management, Pipeline, resource planning.
Architecture & Design (25%)
- Ensures technical design complies with standards developed and technology is leveraged across the enterprise
- Adherence to and communication of the companies Infrastructure architecture
- Provides integrated infrastructure planning and consultation to the business and infrastructure units to ensure efficient development of technical solutions
- Stay current on current and emerging technologies to lead the corporation in the latest thinking in technology
- Under general supervision; Performs detailed analysis, design and implementation methods for the delivery of new and existing personal computing and office productivity systems/tools.
Relationship Management (15%)
- Foster strong customer relations within areas of responsibility and ensure alignment with infrastructure leaders for the relevant infrastructure area(s).
- Participate on infrastructure unit steering team and other activities
- Meet regularly with customers to solicit feedback on customer needs and on the effectiveness of the projects/programs
- Ensures Infrastructure initiatives are in alignment with business, application and BPS activities
- Assist business unit & infrastructure units in setting priorities on projects and enhancements
- Participates in the development and maintenance of a 1- 3 year infrastructure technical and financial plan that provides a clear line of sight to business and IT short and long-term strategies.
- Facilitate the escalation and resolution of critical system issues
- Review performance metrics and plans for improvements
- Manages IS charge backs
- Works closely with Technology Service providers, establishing quality of service levels, coordinating and supervising technician’s activities, and continually evaluating performance and relationship with each provider
Problem Management (10%)
- Conducts problem management, providing second level support. Leads cross-functional teams to resolve complex problems, performs root cause analysis and situational analysis.
- Creates recommendations on standards, maintains key lifecycle documentation.
- Develops and writes processes around the implementation, support and maintenance of the environment.
- Bachelors Degree preferably in Business, MIS or related field, Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum seven years experience in various infrastructure domains (e.g. PCs, Servers, telecomm, storage, etc.) or comparable experience implementing and supporting information systems for the relevant business area
- Knowledge of Enterprise architecture
- PMP or comparable certification preferred
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of associates across multiple divisions at different organizational levels
- Experience with Infrastructure design and implementation
- Experience in project management including the definition of project plans and the supervision of project associates for one or more projects
- ITIL or comparable certification preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Travel up to 10% of time to support project, relationship management and architecture requirements
Rich Products Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rich Products Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Rich Products Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.