Automated Driving Vehicle Integration Engineer at Aptiv
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Troy, Michigan
Moving mobility forward
We are Aptiv - a new technology company with a proven history of enabling mobility. Operating as Delphi, we pioneered advances in the industry. Now, as Aptiv, we're more dedicated than ever to bringing the next generation of autonomous vehicles, smart cities and connectivity to life.
Join our innovative team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Here's your opportunity. Join the technology company that's transforming the future of mobility today.
Aptiv is an advanced technology company with a proven history of enabling mobility. We're dedicated to bringingthe next generation of autonomous vehicles, smart cities and connectivity to life. Aptiv.com
About Advanced Safety and User Experience
Advanced Safety and User Experience provides critical components, systems and advanced software for passenger safety, security, comfort and infotainment, as well as vehicle operation, including body controls, and connectivity systems, passive and active safety electronics, and displays. We enable Aptiv to be a world leader in Advanced Driver Assistance programs and automated driving. Divisional HQ: Wuppertal, Germany
About this position
We are currently looking for an Automated Driving Vehicle Integration Engineer to work in our Troy, MI location. The successful candidate will be at the forefront of the latest automotive technology. We are seeking individuals with vehicle system integration experience who are passionate about the future of mobility. You are a hands-on self-starter that is able to resolve ambiguity and provide focus across multiple domains of expertise.
The ideal candidate will possess a high level of motivation, independent judgment, analytical and experimental ability. Working in an agile team environment, the engineer will be given the opportunity to make significant contributions to the creation and implementation of autonomous driving systems. Limited travel, including international, to meet with global counterparts, support vehicle testing, and customer meetings may be required.
Responsibilities and duties
- Integrate vehicle sensing and control systems which employ Vision, Radar, and LiDAR sensing.
- Document system or subsystem architecture in an unambiguous, clear and understandable way.
- Support algorithm development and calibration activity in the vehicle and on a bench-configuration.
- Resolve vehicle integration issues involving hardware, software, calibration, sensors, and instrumentation.
- Support activities which include development trips and vehicle fleet updates.
- Be willing to train, support, and mentor Engineers with less experience.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering with electrical or controls focus
- 1+ years' experience in vehicle controls integration testing, embedded software testing, calibration
Nice to haves (preferred qualifications)
- CANalyzer, CANoe, CANape, Vehicle Spy, INCA, XCP, vehicle bus experience.
- Hands-on approach: Helps the team as needed to meet customer deliverables.
- Excellent communication skills. Can explain a complex technical system in simple terms.
- Previous Experience with airbag, brake control, engine/powertrain control, steering control, ADAS.
- Simulation and modeling of dynamic systems (Matlab, Simulink, CarSim, CarMaker).
- dSPACE MicroAutoBox experience
- Functional Safety (ISO 26262)
- Embedded software, C Programming
Traits we seek
- Curiously investigate everything - ability to solving problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
- Lead with confidence - thought leaders who empower those around them
- Learn by doing - an entrepreneurial mindset that's driven by hands-on experimentation
- Embrace resilience - seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
Aptiv rewards and advantages
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Competitive health benefits
- 401K with matching contribution
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
Apply Online Ready to take the first step?