Registered Nurse (RN) Med Surg Days at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Round Rock, Texas
Job Code: 06240-58410
Days (rotating weekends)
St. David s Round Rock Medical Center is part of St. David s HealthCare, one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2014. With 171 beds, the hospital s comprehensive services include advanced cardiac care at the Heart Hospital of Austin at St. David's Round Rock the first specialized cardiac facility in Williamson County with the only Hybrid Operating Room (OR) in the county; as well as emergency services in a 24-hour emergency department, including advanced trauma care with a Level II Trauma Center; St. David's Urgent Care Round Rock; and St. David's Emergency Center in Cedar Park. St. David s Round Rock Medical Center is also known for providing advanced orthopedic and robotic services, among other complex specialties. In 2016, the hospital received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence from Healthgrades and also earned a national distinction for patient safety from The Leapfrog Group.
POSITION SUMMARY The Register Nurse (RN), under the supervision of the Supervisor Nursing Unit or Charge Nurse, appropriately coordinates and supervises patient care as provided by the patient care team. This care includes conducting initial and ongoing assessment of the patient and family, development of a family centered patient care plan and care path, family centered patient teaching, the identification of and correction of variances from the patient care path and the facilitation of discharge planning.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Maintains productivity through flexible and efficient organization of patient care assignments and other duties including prioritizing and creatively problem solving to meet changing departmental and patient needs.
* Independently assesses and evaluates patient needs.
* Provides psychological and social support to the patient and family.
* Supports the philosophy and mission, vision, and values of St. David s Healthcare Partnership through a positive interaction with all visitors on the unit.
* Participates in Quality Improvement activities.
* Facilitates and helps to promote a positive working environment.
* Ensures that all physician orders for patients under their care are noted and correctly transcribed.
Responds to the developmental needs of the patient and family by demonstrating basic knowledge of patient growth and development and by providing individualized patient/family education, which addresses language, culture, and learning needs.
* Keep physicians and the Supervisor, Nursing Unit and/or Charge Nurse aware of significant information regarding the patient and family.
* Collaborates with other health care professionals regarding unusual situations, and seeks assistance as needed.
* Provides patient care, which follows the Nursing Process and adheres to the policies and procedures of the facility.
Actively assists the Supervisor of Nursing Unit and/or the Charge Nurse in the promotion of positive intra and inter departmental activities.
* Understands role and how it relates to others.
* Consistently completes assignments in a timely manner.
* Takes action to respect the needs and contributions of others, regardless of personal opinion, to support group decisions.
* Facilitates interdisciplinary discharge planning by identifying needs, assisting with discharge teaching, facilitating the coordination of family with other services.
* Acts as role model for other team members.
Takes responsibility for improving work process and the elimination of unnecessary activities.
* Identifies problems/inefficiencies and seeks input from others towards solving problems.
* Demonstrates an on-going knowledge of hospital and unit performance improvement processes and participates in the process
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must be able to demonstrate understanding of national patient safety initiatives by strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures as required by both HCA and Round Rock Medical Center. Adheres to isolation policies and procedures. Utilizes universal precautions at all times. Maintains confidentiality of patient medical records. Regular and predictable attendance is required. Works autonomously and with supervision. Interfaces with the public, physicians, staff, patients and support department representatives in a positive manner. Regular and predictable attendance is required. Demonstrates an ability to communicate, orally and in writing, clearly, effectively and in an open, accepting manner to diverse populations. Possess excellent critical thinking skills leading to timely, sound decisions. Ability to set and achieve goals and objectives. Demonstrates an ability to adhere to the management behavioral standards of Round Rock Medical Center. Serves as a role model for the values of St. David s Healthcare Partnership. Possesses proficiency in palliative care and completes unit specific competency check list for handling medication.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required: Graduated from a NLN accredited school of nursing.
Preferred: BSN at time of hire.
Minimum one year of Med/Surg nursing experience and familiar with cardiac rhythms.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
Required: Licensed RN in the state of Texas or hold an eligible Compact license to practice as an RN in the state of Texas.
AHA BLS at time of hire.
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 02/28/2018