Senior Structural Rail / Bridge Engineer at Arcadis U.S. Inc
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Lenexa, Kansas
Arcadis seeks a Principal Structural Rail / Bridge Engineer to join our Rail Practice to take responsibility in developing client relationships, design and project oversight of Class 1 rail projects with an emphasis on railroad structures,
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Strong relationships with Class 1 freight rail carrier(s) to coordinate structural rail / bridge projects from planning and environmental through plan development, specifications, and estimating packages;
* Lead complex structural analysis and design for all structural aspects of railroad projects including railroad bridges and other rail related structures (culverts, retaining walls, etc.);
* Perform structural calculations, develop bridge plans, specifications, cost estimates, overseeing geometric layouts, check design calculations, assign work and oversee work products produced by engineers;
* Develop scopes of work and engineering fee estimates;
* Review assigned work and/or check design calculation estimates and specifications produced by junior engineers and EITs;
* Organize staff and technical expertise to meet technical schedules and budget requirements for rail projects;
* Serve as the key contact between rail clients and Arcadis to develop rail market in numerous states and with numerous private and public rail authorities;
* Work with the National Bridge Group on an overall strategy by setting the railroad bridge strategy.
* 10+ years rail experience;
* Bachelor s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field (with a structural emphasis);
* Current PE Professional Engineer License;
* Experience as a Principal Structural Engineer on freight and Class 1 railroad projects;
* Focus on Class 1 railroads.
Required Driving StatementThis position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
Background/Drug Screen StatementArcadis conducts background checks on all final candidates for employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Employer StatementWe are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Why Choose ArcadisArcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business LineTransportation, quite literally, makes the world go around. But rapidly increasing urbanization, shrinking budgets and sensitivity to the natural environment demand an innovative approach to advance the future of mobility in all its forms and functions. Join us in developing advanced infrastructure while helping our clients get the most from their existing assets through innovation and transformational thinking. Together, we will solve some of the world s most complex transportation and land development challenges. Help meet the demands of tomorrow today.
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.