Posted in Accounting 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Weston, Massachusetts
SummaryThe Sr. Analyst will report into the Director of Commercial Accounting. This role will be an integral part of the Commercial Accounting team, with responsibilities over a number of gross-to-net accounts across our Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) US business through collaboration with Brand teams, Market Access and Reimbursement and Finance.Job Description* Execute the month end close process, including preparation of month end accrual entries, re class entries, and balance sheet account reconciliations; identify and resolve discrepancies in a timely manner
* Prepare variance analyses against prior periods and forecasted values
* Contribute to the Annual Planning and Quarterly Forecasting revenue planning for US business
* Drive business and accounting process improvements in the areas of accruals, analysis, and reporting of revenue and pricing trends to increase productivity and enhance operating efficiencies
* Partner with various groups within Market Access and Reimbursement and Finance to provide contract support and economic analysis
* Ensure compliance with SOX requirements and BIIB accounting policy and procedures
* Work with external auditors for walkthroughs, variance analysis, detail testing, etc.
* Assist with ad hoc projects, as neededQualifications3-5 years Accounting operations experience and internal controls
Strong oral and written communications skills required
Ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of GAAP accounting with ability to multitask, work independently and meet deadlines
Detail oriented and strong interpersonal skills a must
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Experience with life sciences companies a plus
Oracle experience a plus
Public Accounting experience preferredEducationBachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
CPA preferred.All individuals deserve the right to achieve their full potential. Accordingly, our company welcomes all job applicants, and we strive to provide all employees with equal opportunity for advancement. We will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment based on an individual's sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local government agencies or law.As an employer of choice, we strive to:Provide attractive employment opportunities for diverse candidates at all levels and in all segments of our organizationPursue and maintain relationships with sources of diverse candidates, community organizations, and academic institutionsComply with both the letter and the spirit of all applicable laws and regulations relating to nondiscrimination and affirmative action in employmentVEVRAA Federal ContractorWe Request Priority Protected Veteran and Disabled Referrals for all of our locations