Senior Analyst, User Experience Research at Comcast
Posted in Design 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Position Title: Sr. Analyst, User Experience Researcher
The Digital Center of Excellence manages XFINITY.com as well as other properties that are focused on engaging consumers online throughout the customer life cycle. It is an entrepreneurial, fast growing team with high impact and significant exposure across the organization.
Comcast is looking for an enthusiastic User Experience (UX) Researcher to support our digital customer experience initiatives. This is a fantastic opportunity at a Fortune 50 company to shape the digital experiences that impact millions of Xfinity customers.
The UX Researcher will employ a variety of techniques including usability testing and customer interviews, field research in customers' homes, remote testing, surveys, industry research reviews and more to gather data and develop insights critical to improving our customers' experience with our products. You'll work closely with experience design, product, business and engineering teams to identify opportunities for research.
- Partner with stakeholders to design generative and evaluative studies to gain user insights, validate concepts, and uncover new product or business opportunities.
- Recommend appropriate methodologies, draft research plans.
- Perform activities such as heuristic reviews, industry research, data mining and competitive reviews.
- Lead and/or participate in primary research studies with customers (remote, in lab or in field), including: Discussion guide development, participant recruitment, and preparation of testing materials and prototypes by other teams; facilitate and observe studies in our in-house user research labs and in the field (e.g. in customer homes, in call centers, on truck rolls) to gain first-hand knowledge of user behaviors; analyze findings and synthesize findings with past relevant research, market research and other secondary sources to strengthen and reinforce the output of studies; translate research insights into actionable recommendations and direction.
- Deliver data and insights from all activities and studies in presentations and readouts.
- Support senior staff in development of UX models and frameworks based on direct user evidence.
- Encourage members of design, business, and product teams to be involved as partners in studies to gain first-hand knowledge of user behaviors, mental models and needs.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent in Information Sciences, Technology
- Preferred Degree in Psychology, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Digital Media, Human Factors, Cognitive Science related discipline or equivalent experience. Masters degree a plus.
- Generally requires 5-8 years of related experience
- 1-3 years experience planning, conducting, analyzing and reporting on user studies for discovery and evaluation; comfortable facilitating interviews.
- Familiarity with a range of user research methods used to gather qualitative and quantitative data (contextual interviews, formative and summative usability testing, focus groups, card sorting, survey development, secondary research analysis, competitive analysis, etc.)
- Familiarity testing with prototypes (rough drafts and sketches, paper prototypes, working prototypes) and live builds.
- Deep understanding of heuristics for user interfaces and experience conducting heuristic evaluations.
- Analytical problem-solving skills, outstanding writing and presentation skills; comfortable presenting to a group.
- Experience with MORAE, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office; experience with rendering and editing video a plus.
- Ability to organize and prioritize while working on multiple, simultaneous projects of varied size and complexity.
- Desire to continually stay current with technology, trends, tools and industry standards in UX, usability and user research.
- Experience in Information Architecture a plus.
- Experience with remote testing a plus.
- Experience in customer-facing digital media projects a plus.
Compliance Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer