Senior Analyst, FP&A at Comcast
Posted in Accounting 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for providing business performance analysis, reporting, and forecasting. Provides a variety of financial data; maintains and updates financial models and plans. Provides financial analysis and projections to all levels within the organization in support of functional business objectives. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Able to effectively prioritize projects and responsibilities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Support consolidated forecast, budget and long range planning process, including preparing applicable support schedules and analysis.
- Work with FP&A teams across business units/divisions to track and analyze operating and financial performance.
- Partner with Investor Relations on ad-hoc analysis to understand business trends and financial performance.
- Create and distribute consolidated financial results for executive management.
- Maintain working knowledge of financial systems to support analysis.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Excellent written communications, oral communications, and presentation skills.
- Provides budget, forecast, and variance analysis and related reports as needed.
- Conducts financial research, analyzes financial performance against objectives, and determines emerging financial trends.
- Provides rationale behind reports and analysis and relays them in simple terms.
- Creates and maintains statistical/financial databases and reports. Runs appropriate weekly, monthly, and annual reports.
- Interacts as team member and sets the pace for the Financial Analysts team. Interfaces with other department member on special projects or on an as-needed basis.
- Performs additional Business Operations duties and tasks as required.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
- Finance, Accounting or other related degrees acceptable
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
- Experience with Oracle products such as Hyperion Planning, SmartView and Essbase a plus
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer