Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Plymouth, Michigan
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for focusing on Field Traffic Controller (FTC) activities for a fleet of technicians. Provides key support and direction of all scheduled work orders to the field to increase efficiency and meet work order fulfillment. Assigns jobs to installers and service technicians and provides system-wide communication to associates to ensure that customer requests are resolved satisfactorily. Intern may also perform simple calculations and maintain records and files. Follows standard procedures for all assigned work.
- Prioritizes and dispatches service and installation requests. Reschedules and/or assigns jobs to technicians.
- Monitors daily progress of Technicians and adjusts routes to accommodate customer additions, rescheduling, and cancellations while providing support to the Technicians throughout the day.
- Distributes unassigned work to the appropriate field personnel; utilizes the designated workforce management tool. Organizes daily workload by managing the day of route, assigning and reassigning work as required.
- Operates PC to input and retrieve subscriber account data and makes notations as needed in the appropriate workforce management tool. Processes paperwork to issue credits for late appointments as needed.
- Provides appointment management, i.e. running late calls to technician, providing estimated time of arrivals, and reschedules with customer (including not home and go backs.)
- Answers phones and takes messages or provides information.
- Operates various office equipment.
- Assists with projects to ensure deadlines are met.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary. Tuesday-Saturday 8 am-5 pm, May 21, 2018 Aug 3, 2018.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level: High School or Equivalent AND Entering Sophomore, Junior or senior year of college; or a recent graduate in spring 2018.
Field of Study: Communications or Business Management Preferred
Years of Experience: Generally requires 0-2 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer