Posted in Accounting 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Supervise the accounting and reporting for various compensation and benefit programs. Provides analytical support regarding financial statements and general ledger. Serves as subject matter expert and provides guidance to employees, as required. Active support of processes and procedures to meet department goals and drive efficiencies within the team.
- Provide technical and analytical supervision of accounting team responsible for accounting, analysis, and reporting related to various health and welfare plans and risk management programs.
- Direct and review periodic financial statement analyses prepared in support of balance sheet accruals and operating cash flow activity
- Support quarterly forecasting process as well as annual budget and Long Range Plan development.
- Assist with the audits and preparation of our captive insurance companies.
- Manages, plans, organizes, and coordinates activities of accounting staff.
- Ensures accurate and timely reporting and analysis of financial data in accordance with generally accepted accounting principals.
- Monitors and develops procedures to accommodate operational and policy changes.
- Manages and oversees ongoing internal audit inquiries and external audit processes.
- Ensures adherence to corporate policies regarding internal controls.
- Reviews monthly balance sheet reconciliations prepared by Accountants and/or Supervisors and instructs Accountants to make necessary changes and advises on adjusting entries as needed.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer