Posted in Accounting 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for following general instructions and with discretion as to work details, performs accounting tasks of a difficult nature requiring an experienced, professional knowledge of accounting principles and practices. Provides specialized or general analysis support in various accounting functions such as Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Cost Accounting, Property Accounting, General Accounting and the like. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
The Staff Accountant, Cash & Accounts Receivable Accounting, will also be responsible for (a) daily research and matching processes in support of the month-end balance sheet account reconciliations; (b) identification and execution of process simplification, standardization, automation or other efficiency opportunities; and (c) updating process documentation for our key business processes (including SOX documentation).
- Interprets accounting data, analyzes reports and recommends action to be taken.
- Prepares difficult journal entries, maintains complex ledgers, reconciles and analyzes specific cost account ledgers. Assists in the development and installation of accounting systems, cost accounting methods, procedures and controls.
- Establishes and maintains accounting records. Performs first level reviews of the preparation of various financial analysis, records and reports compiled by peer accounting support personnel.
- Prepares financial reports analyzing data for management review.
- Ensures the balance sheet accounts are accurately stated based on compiled reconciliation procedures and agreement with source documents.
- Enters monthly journal entries to properly record accounting transactions, ensuring that journal entries have proper back up to substantiate the entry.
- Reviews financial statements for operating trends and results.
- Develops automated Oracle routines such as mass allocations and re-occurring journal entries.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Prepares, researches outstanding items, and completes cash & accounts receivable reconciliations to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the General Ledger.
- Identifies and works to execute / implement process simplification, standardization, automation or other efficiency opportunities
- Identifies opportunities for increasing the efficiency of our use of Oracle R/12 Cash Management & Oracle Accounts Receivable
- Takes ownership for update of process documentation for our key business processes (including SOX documentation)
- Proactive communication and follow up with field and headquarters personnel, regarding the timely resolution of outstanding billing exceptions and outstanding cash reconciling items.
- Builds and maintains internal and external customer relationships.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment, with the ability to make quick decisions, based on experience and/or information provided.
- Oracle R12 (specifically Oracle R12 cash management & general ledger) knowledge preferred.
- Hyperion SmartView knowledge preferred.
- Prior experience in a large, complex public-company accounting environment preferred
- Strong analytical skill required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Sequel experience a plus, but not required
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level: Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study: Accounting, Finance
Years Experience:-Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer