Analyst 3, Finance (Construction Analyst) - Livermore, CA at Comcast
Posted in Accounting 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Livermore, California
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for providing construction portfolio performance analysis, reporting, and forecasting as an independent contributor. Also responsible for providing a variety of financial data and maintaining and updating financial models and plans. Reports financial analysis to senior management in support of functional business objectives. Works with minimal guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Provides budget, forecast, and variance analysis and related reports as needed.
- Conducts financial research, analyzes financial performance against objectives, and determines emerging financial trends.
- Provides rationale behind reports and analysis and relays them in simple terms.
- Creates and maintains statistical/financial databases and reports. Runs appropriate weekly, monthly, and annual reports.
- Interacts as team member and sets the pace for the Financial Analysts team. Interfaces with other department members and outside business partners on special projects or on an as-needed basis.
- Performs additional Business Operations duties and tasks as required.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Advanced financial reporting experience preferred
- 5-7 years' related experience
- High degree of proficiency in Excel required, experience with enterprise software systems (Essbase, SQL) strongly preferred
- Job location is Livermore with travel required
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer