Sr Manager Project Management at Comcast
Posted in Telecommunications 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Plymouth, Michigan
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for planning, executing, and evaluating projects according to predetermined timelines and budgets. Builds and manages project teams ensuring quality control throughout the project life cycle. Accomplishes project objectives by planning and evaluating project activities. Develops financial and operational objectives. Ensures operational plans are aligned with business objectives. Contributes to functional strategy development. Has a greater degree of impact on business results, and typically manages one or more groups of professional employees.
- Works with various senior managers and leaders to lay out project implementation guidelines and plan for manpower and/or other resource requirements.
- Evaluates outside service providers or contractors; provides direction in the development of tailored services; negotiates contract terms and conditions.
- Directs project teams in the development and implementation of project plans.
- Maintains project reports and distribution of project timelines.
- Instructs team on project-specific assignments.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience with Video Platform, Enterprise and/or Core Engineering preferred
- Creative thinker with demonstrated success implementing strategies that resulted in enterprise growth
- Executive presence with exceptional communications skills
- A collaborative leader who thrives on taking a team approach to achieve success
- Proven ability to make sound decisions and deliver results through strong execution
- Consultative approach to problem solving
- Engaging with the ability to communicate and influence cross-functionally and at all levels
- Foster and maintain relationships at all levels
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer