Engineer 4, Active Directory Engineer at Comcast
Posted in Information Technology 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: West Chester, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
As a member of the Messaging & Directory Services Team, this position is responsible for the design, engineering and support of Enterprise Services specific to Active Directory and related services. The role focuses on Active Directory collaboration with Security partners and their integrated solutions.
Responsible for building, managing, operating, and continuously improving Systems, Storage, Database, and/or Tools Infrastructure that support Comcast's customer facing applications, back-office, and provisioning infrastructure in a 24/7 environment. Focuses on architecting, building, deployment, services, systems, and tools. Drives standardization and service focused instrumentation. Provides subject matter expertise. Resolves break/fix scenarios, engaging broader teams as necessary and partners/leads vendors and regions to achieve continuous improvement.
- Develops solutions for very complex and wide reaching systems engineering problems.
- Operating Systems & Disk Management responsibilities: Provides in-depth knowledge of Operating System internals to aid in troubleshooting complex problems.
- Storage and Backup responsibilities: Sets up, troubleshoots, and tunes complex SAN software issues.
- Scripting responsibilities: Proficient at scripting with PowerShell. Utilizes professional best practices in day-to-day work like revision control, unit testing, or other.
- Networking responsibilities: Recommends or helps architect an entire system, including network design and topology. Knowledge of load-balancing technologies is a plus.
- Application Technologies responsibilities: Provides expert recommendations and advice to the team and/or department in the areas of web services, OS, and storage, including being an active liaison to Development, QA, and the Business.
- Crisis Management/Troubleshooting-Analyzes systems and makes recommendations so problems do not happen in the first place. Takes lead on issue resolution activities, using knowledge of complex and company-wide systems.
- Change Management-Foresees issues and impact of change prior to the implementing the change.
- Monitoring, Metrics and System Quality-Leads end to end audit of monitors and alarms based on subsystem knowledge.
- Capacity Management-Analysis encompasses entire network of systems. Leads the development of complex scaling models for capacity planning and financial understanding
- Time Management-Ability to multi-task and prioritize with little to no supervision. Can provide team leadership skills for further gains in efficiency.
- Project Management-Oversees technical details of project from inception to launch, integrating known lessons-learned, and feeds new lessons learned back into common repository. Delegates to other technical resources while setting direction
- Communication-Provides feedback for organization-wide issues. Documents processes and procedures to be used by a wide audience. Be able to articulate expertise of various subsystems.
- Ownership-Takes ownership of policies and procedures that the organization uses, and adjusts accordingly based on feedback and observations. Acts as a mentor to more junior technical staff.
- Training-Takes a diverse set of training beyond immediate technical domain.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
Possess the ability to architect, engineer and operationally support Active Directory (AD) Services, Enterprise Email Services, and Skype for Business in a large enterprise infrastructure. Familiarity with Azure, Office 365 and hybrid integration into the enterprise. Concentration on Active Directory Services and integrated Security technologies.
Active Directory Services - provide centralized authentication, authorization, directory, and policy to control user and computer configurations including (but not limited to):
- PowerShell scripting for AD administration
- Identity Management platforms and directory account life cycle management
- Kerberos-based Authentication and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP): LDAPv2/v3
- Claims-based authentication using ADFS 3.1/2016
- Information security and single sign-on (SSO) for user access to network based resources
- Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) leveraging various factors
- Azure Active Directory Connect, Directory Synchronization and AWS cloud administration
- Advance Threat Protection (ATP), Advanced Threat Analytics (ATA) and vulnerability tools
- Microsoft AD PKI Administration support
- DNS-based naming and IPv6 on Windows Servers
- Centralized administration and delegation of authority
Additional Deisred Qualifications:
Enterprise E-Mail Services-deliver multi-site Microsoft Exchange Server 2013/2016/O365 services providing robust e-mail services including (but not limited to):
E-mail client services for PC, MAC and Mobile
HA and DR via cross-site clustering (DAG)
Perimeter E-mail Hygiene and Relay Services
Skype for Business-deliver Microsoft Skype for Business services that integrate with business solutions. Services included (but not limited to):
Instant Messaging (IM) and Group Chat
Public & Federated Instant Messaging Connectivity
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study: Engineering, Computer Science
Certifications: MCSE and/or ITIL is a plus
Years' Experience: Generally, requires 7-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer