Senior Manager, Personalization at Comcast
Posted in Design 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Digital Center of Excellence manages XFINITY.com as well as other properties that are focused on engaging consumers online throughout the customer life cycle. It is an entrepreneurial, fast growing team with high impact and significant exposure across the organization.
The Sr. Manager, Personalization will be responsible for developing systems and campaigns for personalizing website experiences that will optimize conversion, revenue, and transactions while increasing customer satisfaction. This position will devise the system that uses algorithmic approaches for picking the best offsite and website experiences for Comcast customers and prospects. The position will drive adoption of personalization tools and capabilities throughout the organization to ensure that teams are enabled to craft personalized experiences at scale. The role will operate within a strong culture of experimentation and will demonstrate program performance using controlled experiments. This position will work collaboratively with product managers, data scientists, machine learning engineers, statisticians and UX leaders. The candidate must possess in-depth experience managing optimization for large transaction volume websites or digital advertising campaigns as well as broad product experience in an agile framework. The candidate will also need very strong analytical, collaboration, presentation and partnership-building skills.
You have a chance to disrupt and reinvent how Comcast delivers and improves customer experiences.
- Devises the system for serving personalized content and experiences at scale across the end-to-end journey for customers and prospects
- Establishes operating procedures for campaign development and is responsible for achieving business growth objectives from personalization campaigns
- Ensures necessary change management for adoption of personalization capability and tools so that teams can deploy content through CMS as part of day-to-day content management operations
- Collaborates with digital marketers, data scientists, machine learning engineers, statisticians etc. to develop a machine learning-based approach to optimization
- Applies larger business context into algorithm development that drives business performance metrics
- Works with vendors, agencies and media partners to establish capabilities for improving digital advertising performance
- Ensures that personalization capability extends across the end-to-end customer journey; stitching offline & online campaign messaging for a cohesive experience
- Works with developers and product managers to incorporate machine learning into core product features
- Leverages excellent listening, facilitation, and organizational skills, and the ability to lead people within a complex environment
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and
weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience
- Proven experience working is personalization efforts with demonstrated impact on business metrics
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
- 4+ years experience working on personalization and modeling to solve business problems
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent in business, marketing
- Preferred: MBA or post graduate education (MS or PhD) in a applied quantitative field such as Econometrics or Statistics
- Experience and demonstrated leadership working effectively with data scientists, machine learning engineers, statisticians etc.
- Ability to articulate technical content to diverse non-technical audiences.
- Ability to partner with people from different parts of the company to ensure that your solutions drive real business impact
- Strategic thinking and ability to incorporate larger business context into algorithm development
- Experience with and in-depth knowledge of Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target, Adobe Audience Manager or similar platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including an ability to communicate effectively with senior leaders
- Analytical experience required with demonstrated spreadsheet skills and ability to interpret data to drive decisions
- Expertise in experiment design for conversion optimization is strongly preferred
- Confidence in presenting strategy and receiving feedback from senior leaders
- Experience with Agile software development methodology
- Ability to think strategically and drive ideas into action, with a positive outlook and willingness to take personal initiative
- Understanding of the online marketing and eCommerce space
Compliance Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer