Posted in Accounting 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for analyzing and evaluating operational performance metrics and resources. Maps metrics against the Company's operational plans and tactical/strategic goals to ensure alignment and focus. Creates and facilitates reporting and analysis to evaluate operational initiatives and drive operational efficiencies. Develops and maintains standard reporting measures, quantitative explanation of relevant data, and ongoing analysis of alternatives and solutions. Quantitatively evaluates and recommends action plans, based on all operational reporting and analysis, in order to enhance the customer experience and drive operational efficiencies. May provide financial reporting, revenue analysis support, discount monitoring, promotional modeling, and subscriber reporting issue resolution to various departments within the company. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience or knowledge in subject matter.
- Provides weekly, monthly, and annual reports. Provides special reports and analyses to support the business as necessary.
- Supports efforts to maintain accurate master data. Extracts data and provides analysis of master and transactional data.
- Conduct regular audits to ensure data integrity.
- Identifies issues, analyzes available data and information, and recommends changes to management.
- Creates and maintains multiple operational reporting tools.
- Provides analytical support of actual results against budget and feasibility of proposed business strategies.
- Consolidates data reports and delivers to help drive data-based strategic decision making.
- Provides analysis prior to and following any recommended changes.
- May create and maintain compliance reports that identify discrepancies within the Company's billing systems.
- Provides user feedback to management and helps influence future systems enhancements.
- Ensures accuracy of data through partnerships with team members. Provides day-to-day validation and spot checks.
- May prepare reports to be used by other departments to correct billing issues.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Ability to support the business and management with clear and insightful analyses on the data at hand. This includes data mining skills (including data auditing, aggregation, validation and reconciliation), advanced modeling techniques, testing and creating and explaining results in clear and concise reports.
- Have a broad understanding and experience with real-time analytics and business intelligent platforms such as Tableau Software. He or she should be able to work with SQL databases and several programming languages and statistical software packages such as R, Python or SPSS to develop new insights from the available data.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills;
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to communicate complex findings and ideas in plain language
- Ability to change direction quickly based on data analysis;
- Enjoys discovering and solving problems; Be able to perform A/B testing based on different hypotheses to directly and indirectly impact different Key Performance Indicators.
- Proactively seeks clarification of requirements and direction; takes responsibility when needed;
- Able to work in stressful situations when insights in (new) data sets is required quickly.
Desired Personality Traits:
- He or she needs to have a certain curiosity to dive into the available data and enjoy searching for patterns that could indicate new insights. They need to be confident and independent to use very large data sets and to come up with the questions that can help creating management reports.
- Be able to work in teams towards a shared goal
- Creative, energetic and a collaborator
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent (Ranginf from Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science to BA, Economics or Finance)
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer