Civil Engineer 2 - Ft. Lauderdale at Transystems Corp
Posted in Architecture 20 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
The TranSystems Ft. Lauderdale office seeks a Civil Engineer 2 position who will be responsible for plans, designs and directs components of freight railroad; passenger rail and transit; states and municipalities; airports and air carriers; manufacturers and distributors; ports and maritime; trucking and automotive; energy and communication; and federal government projects.
General Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyzes information and data to perform routine design tasks.
- Makes decisions independently on engineering problems and methods, and occasionally represents the organization in meetings to resolve important questions, and to plan and coordinate work.
- Receives instructions from Project Manager or Senior Project Engineers as to the general results expected.
- Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans for projects.
- Responsible for accuracy of engineering design and plans, quality presentation, thoroughness and follow-through, and efficient conformance to budgets, schedules, and company standards.
- Research design options and document findings for Senior Project Engineer.
- Maintains project database by writing computer programs; entering and backing up data.
- Keeps Senior Project Manager informed of workload and any changes in project schedule or scope or additional services.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Usually performs as a staff advisor and consultant to technical specialty.
Supervisory Responsibilities – No supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative, of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience – Bachelor’s degree in the engineering field (i.e. Mechanical, Civil, Structural, Electrical) required with 4 years of design experience preferred.
Computer Skills - Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, and various engineering software systems depending on engineering discipline: AutoCAD; MicroStation/GeoPak; In Roads, Land Desktop, and Civil 3D.
Certificates and Licenses – Registration as a licensed Professional Engineer.
Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, depending on field assignments.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however, construction and field assignments can be severe (i.e. Airport noise, inside factories, construction equipment, jack hammers, etc).
1. Analytical – Applies knowledge of engineering principals and practices in area of assignments and related fields; Requires the use of advanced techniques and practices of the engineering field and related sciences and disciplines.
2. Problem Solving – Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Uses computer to solve engineering problems and improve the project team’s design process. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Works well in group problem solving situations.
3. Client Service - Responds promptly to client needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments; Maintains confidentiality.
4. Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Participates in meetings; Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
5. Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit.
6. Leadership – Management skills are being developed.
7. Adaptability - Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
8. Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Sets goals and objectives; Maintains neat and organized work area that allows efficient access to project information as required by other team members; Ability to create and maintain project records.
9. Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
TranSystems Corporation - Transportation Infrastructure and Facilities - that's our focus. From infrastructure and facility design to computer simulation and economic impact analysis to finding alternative financing solutions for transportation projects - we do it. Our transportation specialists, located in offices across the nation, are unparalleled in the knowledge of the movement of freight and people, and unmatched in technical and managerial services. We provide full-scale professional services to both public and private sector transportation clients. Plans, designs and directs components of freight railroad; passenger rail and transit; states and municipalities; airports and air carriers; manufacturers and distributors; ports and maritime; trucking and automotive; energy and communication; and federal government projects.
TranSystems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status or physical or mental disability. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law)