Structures Technician - Santa Ana at Transystems Corp
Posted in Architecture 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Santa Ana, California
TranSystems has an immediate need for a Structural Technician with 5+ years of experience.
The position will be to develop Structural 3D drawings and details. The selected individual will assist in the design of projects made in Revit. The Technician will provide design support to the Project Manager and Structural Engineer on projects.
Revit proficiency required.
Work as part of the design team completing structural drafting of all phases of the construction documents including generation of structural drawings in Revit from engineering sketches and instruction. Production of detailed drawings, layouts, sketches, and graphic representations of engineering designs using CADD software.
- Ability to layout and perform design / drafting of engineering drawings from verbal direction, rough sketches or from scanned backgrounds.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in structural CAD support
- Knowledgeable in Revit program
- Knowledge of CADD / Revit Standards and Procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with the preparation of engineering drawings
- Experience with structural steel, concrete, and CMU
- The Technician must be willing to work with others and receive and comply with instructions
- Knowledge and applications of industry code and standards is a plus
- Navisworks capability is a plus
- Knowledge of standard construction practices is a plus
The ideal candidate will have the following abilities:
· Learn quickly from existing drawing templates
· Understand basics of construction preferred but not required
· Basic structural knowledge (to coordinate with engineer)
· Work independently and/or as part of a team
· Display a strong work ethic
· Ensure accuracy and attention to detail
Travel requirements: Up to 10%
TranSystems Corporation - Transportation Infrastructure and Facilities - that's our focus. From infrastructure and facility design to computer simulation and economic impact analysis to finding alternative financing solutions for transportation projects - we do it. Our transportation specialists, located in offices across the nation, are unparalleled in the knowledge of the movement of freight and people, and unmatched in technical and managerial services. We provide full-scale professional services to both public and private sector transportation clients. Plans, designs and directs components of freight railroad; passenger rail and transit; states and municipalities; airports and air carriers; manufacturers and distributors; ports and maritime; trucking and automotive; energy and communication; and federal government projects
TranSystems is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, disability, protected Veteran status or any other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law).