Software Development Intern at Yahoo
Posted in General Business 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: SUNNYVALE, Texas
Millions of people visit the Yahoo homepage for news, sports, finance, email, and more.
A little about Oath
Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of 50+ media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.
- Build brands consumers love
- Build platforms customers love
- Build a company talent loves
A Lot About You
We are looking for great talent that can contribute to the development of our exciting next-generation products. If you are excited about the overall lifecycle of a product - building, coding, testing, launching and learning, this is the place to be, because you will learn and gain hands-on experience while engaged in projects with significant impact on the success of Oath businesses. You are a great problem solver, the capability to work independently as well as with a team, and the willingness to learn from our leadership.
- Design, develop, code and test software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products; revise and refine as required
- Participate in agile development of project timelines, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing and ongoing support of systems
- Recommend modifications to processes and procedures, and contribute to best practices, architecture, and implementations
- Promote and solicit ideas within project teams
You Must Have
- Actively pursuing a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related major, and strong record of academic achievement
- Knowledge of software engineering processes, tools (programming proficiency in a language, preferably Java, C/C++, methods, test development, support, algorithms and data structure)
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts, large-scale software architecture, networking and distributed systems, and UNIX/Linux environments
- Experience in one or many of the following is a plus:
- Large-scale, large-user base website development experience
- Internship experience at a tech company
Oath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category. Oath is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for all employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 1-866-772-3182.
Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.
Currently work for Oath? Please apply on our internal career site.