Inspector D, General, LG 7 at Meggitt PLC
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: North Hollywood, California
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
Makes routine inspection on standard hardware items, checks parts for spares and kits, sorts parts as instructed, and checks the more routine of machined parts.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Performs inspection on standard hardware items such as nuts, bolts, washers, o-rings, gaskets, shims, closures, receptacles, switches, etc.
* Checks for completeness, finish requirements, size, packaging and proper certifications.
* Checks kit and spares orders for completeness, and to insure that the hardware is ordered.
* When 100% sorting for given items is required, performs said sorting as instructed.
* Checks the more routine of machines parts such as shafts, pins, cranks, levers, etc., to drawing requirements using standard inspection hand tools and check fixtures. Checks special processes such as heat treat and various types of plating to instructions.
* Calls to the attention of supervision missed and incomplete operations, wrong materials and other similar errors.
* Prepares and maintains required inspection reports and records.
* Assists in the activities of other inspectors as directed.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, qualifications, competencies, abilities and any physical demands if required.
Ability to read engineering drawings to obtain dimensional and finish information. Ability to understand and follow inspection instructions manufacturing outline sheets. Ability to properly use inspection gages, inspection check fixtures and precision measuring devices, once instructed.
High level of accuracy.
Able to work with minimal supervision.
Customer service driven.
Able to manage multiple tasks.
Professional conduct at all times.
Education, Experiences, Certificates/Licenses and/or Registrations:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the outlined experience level, education, training, minimum years of experience, product or industry knowledge plus any certifications in order to be considered.
High school diploma or GED,
Or knowledge of shop mathematics and 5 + years' experience in aerospace Quality Assurance.
Or a combination of the above, and 5 + years' experience in aerospace Quality Assurance
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods and stand to perform work. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift, push, pull or move up to fifty (50) pounds or more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
* Occasionally required to lift up to 50 lbs.
* Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
* Safety glasses, shop coat/apron, proper shoes.
* Occasional exposure to shop element such as noise, dust, odors and fumes.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.