Quarry Heavy Equipment Operator - Tremont, MS at APAC Mississippi
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Guntown, Mississippi
Job ID: 129357
APAC Mississippi, Inc, an Oldcastle company is a great place to work! We have great employees that have been with us many years – and hope that that track record of longevity shows the pride we take in being one of the best places to work in Mississippi! Come join our team – where you will receive vacation, retirement and many other great benefits!
Quarry – Heavy Equipment Operator - Dozer/Track Hoe/Front end Loader/ Haul Truck
This is a highly skilled position involving the operation of Heavy Equipment in an open pit mine operation. Applicants must have at least three years of experience operating equipment (ex: Haul Truck, Motor Grader, Bulldozer, Excavator, Front End Loader).
Job Description Summary
The selected candidate will be required to work in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.
- Safely and efficiently operate heavy equipment of various sizes and weights used in pit and mining operations
- Report any problems to your manager.
- Operator will be responsible for a safe work environment for themselves and co-workers.
- When working with co-workers, constant eye contact will be maintained when backing, communicating using hand signals or other movements.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Follow directions of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or job site.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer major problems to the Foreman.
- Perform daily pre–and–post inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
- Assist in training less–experienced employees on the proper operations, servicing and repair of equipment to further their abilities.
- Perform general labor duties when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
- Able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Able to work overtime when required.
- Willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA.
- At least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
- Previous related experience in the construction field and/or training.
- Two to Five years’ experience in loader operations preferred.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designers, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Materials South Division is a part of Oldcastle Materials, Inc., the third-largest aggregates and ready mixed concrete producer, and the number one asphalt producer in the United States. The South Division consists of three regions: Appalachian Materials, Midsouth Materials & Preferred Materials. Companies operate in the states of Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia, with limited operations in Georgia and South Carolina.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
APAC Mississippi s an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
APAC Mississippi is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.