Production Laborer / 2nd Shift - Easton, PA at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Easton, Pennsylvania
Job ID: 129188
Anchor is a division of the Oldcastle Architectural Products Group (APG). APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 165 operating locations and more than 5,000 employees.
Responsible for assisting designated machine operator or production team in a variety of functions including, but not limited to, maintenance, clean-up, yard work, warehouse, production, utilities, material handling and other.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle assignments in a repetitive and/or sequential order for completing tasks assigned
- Keep work area clean
- Use security gear at all times and follow all safety regulations
- Report any unsafe conditions or defective equipment to the supervisor immediately
- Clean-up machinery and conveyors, maintain the surrounding area and keep equipment free of debris during downtime
- Clean floors and pick up reusable scrap for salvage
- Transport trash and debris away from production areas
- Responsible for keeping pallets neat and orderly
Utility / Production Equipment
- Operate machinery or equipment as trained and instructed following safety guidelines at all times
- Assist lead operator in preparing for shift production
- Work closely with the lead operator and become knowledgeable of the mechanics and operation of the machines in which you assist
- May be required to work with conveyors, ramps, elevators, etc. as assigned
- May be required to operate equipment such as hoppers, bagging and sealer machines, forklift, palletizers, hydraulic equipment, powered tractors or vehicles, among others
- Internal certification/training is required for these tasks
- Operate a variety of hand tools
Yard / Warehouse
- Assist in the loading/unloading of trucks
- Assist in completing shipping/receiving documents
- Package and label products properly
- Handle stockpiles
- Verify loads leaving the premises
- Maintain, verify, and count product inventory
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Requirements / Education / Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent or a comparable combination of education, training, and experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to follow company production and safety procedures
- Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers
- Able to pass internal certification training
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide 10’s and 100’s
- Must be able to demonstrate lock out tag out procedures
- Must keep key lock with self at all times
- Must attend weekly safety meetings
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to frequently stand on their feet for extended periods of time
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. from ground level
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Anchor is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Anchor is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.