Health and Nutrition Writer, MensHealth.com at THE HEARST CORPORATION
Posted in Writing/Editing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
If you geek out when a new DNA testing kit hits the market, you’ve got a folder on your phone just for health tracking apps, and you have the perfect healthy brownie recipe, you could be the Men’s Health Health and Nutrition Writer.
Men’s Health, the world's largest men’s magazine brand, seeks a creative, energetic, and organized Health and Nutrition Writer to join the digital team. In this role, which reports to the Digital Director of the site, you’ll be delivering all the topical and evergreen health and nutrition information to our reader, executed as short and longer-form features, listicles, and videos.
You should be capable of producing articles and packages that drive traffic and engage readers’ interests. It can be difficult to create compelling health and nutrition content that grabs the reader, but not for you. You enjoy spinning a captivating story from the latest Apple Health data. You have a passion for reporting and love interviewing medical and academic professionals, and you can easily transform dense subject matter into riveting copy.
- Conceive, plan, and execute daily health and nutrition articles
- Conceive, plan, and execute video franchises, based on top-performing past analytics
- Project-manage copy, including newsletters, affiliate packages as needed
- Assist in monitoring, reaching, and exceeding online traffic goals
- Work closely with all departments including design, SEO, and ecommerce
- Monitor and analyze metrics to advise on decisions about site content
- At least two years' experience creating health/nutrition content at a digital-first editorial outlet
At least two years' experience intimately working in and with all top-tier social platforms and an impeccable understanding of SEO
- A preternatural ability for sniffing out a winning health or nutrition piece
- A solid understanding of Men’s Health’s audience and editorial mission
- The ability to shift gears quickly in a daily web publishing environment
- A proven ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- A strong service-journalism sensibility
- Ability to work closely with other editors and autonomously