Ready Mix QC Technician at Staker & Parson Companies
Posted in Manufacturing 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Pocatello, Idaho
Postal/Zip Code: 83202
Jack B. Parson Companies, is a member of the Oldcastle Materials West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
**This is currently a temporary position.
Quality Control Technician
This position involves the performance and record keeping for quality control tests that will require the successful applicant to have the ability to perform and understand aggregate gradations, specific gravities, moisture testing at the plant and in the lab, concrete field testing for air, slump, unit weight and casting concrete test specimens, customer interaction to help with service coordination and help to resolve any quality issues that could arise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Will test concrete and aggregate products for quality and conformance to specifications.
• Must have some basic materials understanding for rock, sand, cement, flyash and chemical admixtures
• Basic material record keeping.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
• Ability to communicate effectively with dispatch, batch plant operations, drivers and QC personnel.
• Must be able to work flexible shifts including nights, swings, weekends and holidays if needed.
• Must have the ability to make decisions quickly and effectively.
• Must pass the MSHA Safety course
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2 years quality control experience preferred.
- ACI Level 1 Certification Helpful
- ACI Strength Testing Technician Helpful
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to fluently speak and write the English language.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and Outlook. Minimum typing speed of 60wpm.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- ACI level 1 certification is required within 60 days of hire date.
- Driver’s License and clean driving record
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must regularly lift and/or move from 10 to 80 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
Class B CDL not required but helpful.
This position is for the Utah County or Salt Lake County Area
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Join our Talent Community to receive an email newsletter with hot jobs & career advice. Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!
Jack B. Parson Companies is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Jack B. Parson Companies is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.