Senior Transportation/Highway Project Manager - Newark at Transystems Corp
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Newark, New Jersey
TranSystems’ PA/NJ Operation is currently seeking a Senior Transportation and Highway Project Manager to join the team! The individual will work on projects across the Pennsylvania and New Jersey markets and will work with our PennDOT, NJDOT, PA Turnpike, New Jersey Turnpike and Garden State Parkway, DRPA, DRJTBC, PA NYNJ, and other clients across the region. This position provides a great opportunity to work with a diverse set of clients and can work from either TranSystems’ Philadelphia PA office or our Newark NJ office.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil/transportation engineering
- Minimum 10+ years of progressive experience with NJDOT, PennDOT, NJ Turnpike, PA Turnpike and/or similar public agencies
- Project Management experience
- A strong background in the design of highways and roads, preferably in New Jersey and Pennsylvania
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work well in a team environment on multi-disciplinary projects
- New Jersey and/or Pennsylvania PE license
- Prior experience in a leadership and management role
- Experience in managing NJDOT and PennDOT transportation and highway assignments
- Local candidates preferred
General Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Project management of Transportation design projects.
- Daily supervision of support staff and manages/leads team efforts
- Monitors budgets and schedules and makes appropriate adjustments as required
- Prepares cost to complete and estimates at completion to drive the firm’s revenue process in accordance with an acceptable tolerance for risk.
- Leads development of project work plan including internal budgets, schedule, work assignments, the process of technical development, and coordination of both in-house and out of house disciplines.
- Assures that the Design Review Process is utilized.
- Assures that the QA-QC Review Process is effectively utilized.
- Prepares or preferably directs preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental documents, and designs for moderate to complex highway projects.
- Prepare and/or direct development of complex staging plans, constructability analysis, and construction schedules for complex highway construction projects.
- Organizes and develops project team to execute specific phases or aspects of project such as technical issues, project design, preparation of specifications and technical plans and project inspection. Must be able to delegate.
- Reviews project design for general compliance with engineering principals, company standards, and customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, manpower, and resolving engineering design problems.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications and drawing releases.
- Shows understanding of team management, develops project scope of work, estimating manpower needs, prepare schedules, and tracks project progress.
- Monitors communications between and among team members including outside subcontractors and takes corrective actions if necessary
- Assures that the project is completed within the allocated period of time and within the budget that has been assigned.
- Maintains liaison with individuals and units within or outside his/her organization with responsibility for acting independently on technical matters.
- Plans and executes project meetings. Negotiates difficult project issue with the client, such as scope changes or schedule acceleration.
- Maintains satisfactory client relationships through an appropriate and timely mix of communications.
- Participates in the identification, review and capture of potential projects
- Assisting with and collaboration with team members on the marketing of new projects
- Maintains professional, technical, and supervisory skills by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing professional networks; participating in professional societies.
- The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, depending on field assignments. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however, construction and field assignments can be severe (i.e. Airport noise, inside factories, construction equipment, jack hammers, etc).
Travel requirements: Up to 10%
TranSystems Corporation - Transportation Infrastructure and Facilities - that's our focus. From infrastructure and facility design to computer simulation and economic impact analysis to finding alternative financing solutions for transportation projects - we do it. Our transportation specialists, located in offices across the nation, are unparalleled in the knowledge of the movement of freight and people, and unmatched in technical and managerial services. We provide full-scale professional services to both public and private sector transportation clients. Plans, designs and directs components of freight railroad; passenger rail and transit; states and municipalities; airports and air carriers; manufacturers and distributors; ports and maritime; trucking and automotive; energy and communication; and federal government projects
TranSystems is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, disability, protected Veteran status or any other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law).