Posted in Business Development 30+ days ago.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Exceptional opportunity to join a team of enthusiastic and accomplished Advancement professionals at an institution ranked among the top 50 universities in the nation. Located in the heart of Boston and lauded for its academic rigor and Co-Op Program, Northeastern University is an innovative leader in higher education. Northeastern offers a generous and competitive benefits package, a refreshingly collaborative working environment and a dedicated talent management program.
Northeastern seeks a proactive and entrepreneurial Senior Development Officer (SDO) who can grow support for the College of Computer and Information Science (CCIS). CCIS is growing like never before. A heightened focus on interdisciplinary research and scholarship is driving a faculty hiring initiative at Northeastern, advancing its position amongst the nation's top research universities. We continue recruiting the best and brightest professors, and as a result the college has hired 42 faculty since 2012. We are enrolling record numbers of students—highly motivated minds at all levels and from all corners of the world. The College offers 4 undergraduate degrees, 5 MS degrees, and 4 PhD degrees. Several of these are interdisciplinary degrees with other Colleges at Northeastern. The college also has multidisciplinary institutes including the Network Science Institute and the newly formed Cybersecurity and Privacy Institute. We invite you to join a fast-moving, ambitious college with an underlying mission that is best captured by the phrase “CS for Everyone.”
Reporting directly to the Dean of CCIS, the SDO will work with the Office of the Dean, faculty at the College and advancement staff across the university to discover, identify and build relationships with prospective donors, developing strategies for their cultivation, and soliciting gifts. The Senior Development Officer, in partnership with the Dean of CCIS, is responsible for planning, organizing, and executing CCIS's alumni, parents and friends fundraising program. She/he will discover, build and manage a portfolio of 125-150 prospective donors who exhibit considerable promise for evolving to major gift capacity over time and whose philanthropic priorities match the education and research programs at CCIS. She/he will solicit gifts at the $10k-$1M+ level. The college is relatively young (founded in 1982) and thus we are looking for an energetic, highly-organized, entrepreneurial SDO who will continue to build out the college advancement initiatives.
• 5-10 years of professional experience with at least 5 years of demonstrated success in soliciting and closing five- and six-figure gifts in support of a non-profit institution required. Familiarity with tech industry a plus.
• Knowledge of the philanthropic interests of major foundations and experience in proposal writing and development research.
• Demonstrated experience cultivating and soliciting corporations, alumni, and parents and maintaining positive relationships with them.
• Superior communication skills – highly collaborative and entrepreneurial in approach and possesses interpersonal skills necessary for building relationships with various university constituents, both internal and external.
• Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of the Northeastern University Development team and Dean’s staff.
• An appreciation and understanding of the mission of Northeastern University; demonstrated commitment to and experience in higher education.
• Overnight travel and some evening and weekend work required.
• BA/BS degree required (STEM/CS degree a plus but not required); Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) preferred.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency