SR ENGINEER at Georgia Pacific
Posted in Architecture 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Senior Engineer – Pulping, Bleaching, and Fiber Process Engineering
The Atlanta Office is looking for a Senior Engineer for the Pulping, Bleaching, and Fiber Process Engineering to work in the Containerboard & Cellulose Engineering Group
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Senior engineer will provide technical services and capital project support to multiple facilities
- Perform benchmarking, gap closure analysis, and preliminary technical and economic feasibility studies for the modification of or addition to existing pulping, bleaching and chemical recovery systems.
- Engaged in facilities performance expectations to meet optimized base case and supporting mill operations sustaining improvements
- Accountable for creating value through technical support of multiple mill operations and being a valued resource in their day to day operations
- Providing engineering support for development of capital projects for pulping, bleaching, OCC and chemical recovery systems.
- Coordination, review and approval of work done by engineering consultants.
- Check-out and start-up assistance for new or modified equipment and processes.
- Analyzing existing systems, and developing strategies for improving safety, reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Providing forced outage and maintenance outage support
- Leading technical support groups and operations centers of excellence
- Process design and support of advanced control platforms across the enterprise
- Training of operators, supervision, and process engineering personnel
- Comply with Environmental, Health and Safety Compliance in all activities with the objective of achieving zero incidents
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Pulp and Paper Science.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the pulp & paper industry operations and engineering
- Knowledge of theoretical and practical aspects of the design, construction, operation and maintenance of pulping, bleaching and chemical recovery facilities.
- Demonstrated experience in process improvement and process optimization
- Demonstrated experience in projects and implementation of project activities.
- Ability to travel at least 70%
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience in mill operations, process engineering, and design engineering
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf