Communications Manager (Temporary) at AICPA
Posted in Media - Journalism - Newspaper 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Durham, North Carolina
This position works with business owners throughout the organization to raise the profile of the public accounting profession domestically and globally with member and non-member audiences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Seek information/research on the business environment affecting accounting professionals (both in public accounting/firms and outside of public accounting). Identify trends and developments (technical and professional) providing members with opportunities to add value, expand or enhance offerings and remain relevant in serving clients and employers. Integrate these elements into member emails, presentations, talking points, bylined articles, videos, social media, publicity, infographics, webpages and other platforms, working collaboratively with other internal teams as needed.
· Use marketing automation to deliver customized and personalized communications across channels to raise awareness of and drive engagement with key resources.
· Collaborate with members of the communications team to make sure information, resources and messaging is appropriately and sufficiently delivered to members and others on a timely basis.
· Implement strategic communications plans that support significant initiatives regarding accounting services that the public relies on (that is, core activities of the profession).
· Prepare PowerPoint slides, talking points, video scripts, speeches, articles, FAQs, bylined pieces, social media content and other resources to communicate on CPA initiatives and key professional issues. Materials must be current and technically accurate.
· Manage content for multiple web pages, including updating material and refreshing content as needed.
· Ensure message consistency and visibility throughout Association communications
· Track results and prepare monthly metric reports on activities, providing insights and analysis on results and potential improvements.
· Provide writing support throughout team as needed.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
· Proficiency with marketing automation strongly preferred
· Understanding of sensitivities and nuances on multiple issues and involving different stakeholders
· Leadership abilities to influence others and build consensus
· Excellent project planning and management to work on multiple projects simultaneously
· Strategic thinking, solid data analysis and strong decision making
· Effective, clear and accurate researching, writing and editing
· Ability to spot trends in business, academia, careers and relate them to accounting profession
· Ability to translate complex and/or technical information into clear, relevant messaging
· Ability to present complex and/or technical information visually (slides, infographics, images, charts/graphs, etc.)
· Working knowledge of social media
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Commitment to quality
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
· 5-7 years’ experience in corporate communications with demonstrated success in meeting or exceeding business goals
· Demonstrated success in developing thought leadership collateral, using numerous data points and getting input from subject matter experts
· Experience with producing, publishing or preparing creative slide presentations, backgrounders, talking/message points, articles, reports, emails, video scripts, executive summaries, blog posts, infographics, etc.
· Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or a related field
· Master’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or a related field
· Experience or knowledge of CPA profession and/or financial service industry, or other technical field
· Understanding of global business environment
· Experience with website content management
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Association is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.