Senior Account Supervisor, Microsoft Stores PR at Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Posted in Public Relations 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Seattle, Washington
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Assembly Media Inc., a subsidiary of Daniel J. Edelman Holdings, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Account Supervisor to join the marquee, global Microsoft Store PR Team in either the Seattle, Portland, San Francisco or Los Angeles office. Are you skilled at working on large, high-profile brands supporting product launches, events and other PR campaigns? Are you a strategic leader, media relations guru and a collaborative team player? If so, keep reading as this may be the role for you.
Assembly was formed by converging best-in-class teams at Edelman to lead U.S.-based public relations, digital, social, measurement and creative on behalf of Microsoft. Assembly offers a tightly integrated storytelling machine working across a variety of Microsoft properties from Xbox to Microsoft Store and the Microsoft central marketing group. We work in lockstep with Edelman in more than a dozen countries worldwide to create unique, award-winning communications marketing programs.
We are looking for a Senior Account Supervisor specializing in retail or consumer tech – small business or education experience is a bonus – who will be a day-to-day client lead, is a strategic leader, media relations guru and collaborative team player. We want someone who provides stellar client service and is passionate about storytelling on local and national levels.
- Leads research, planning and development of comprehensive Communications Marketing campaigns
- Oversees account team work quality and operational performance, ensuring deadline adherence, reaction to industry trends and ensuring plan execution maps to client objectives within budget
- Solicits counsel of senior staff when needed and appropriately
- Demonstrates writing excellence when crafting internal and client correspondence, communications plans, press materials, new business proposals, etc.
- Sets and leads media relations strategy, including outreach plan creation, drafting of materials, event management, growth of contact network and effective pitching and training of spokespersons
- Displays strong presentation skills
- Champions integration of teams; uses and becomes one of Assembly’s network resources to meet client goals
- Leads by example; demonstrates strong work ethic, mastery of PR tactics and excellent people management
- Motivates and coaches teams across offices and geographies to produce quality work and meets client objectives while achieving staff growth goals
- Sets and pursues challenging stretch goals for self and staff
- Works within account budget parameters and deadlines
- Helps ensure team follows Edelman’s financial policies and processes
- Ensures performance expectations, career development plan and goals are set and reviewed regularly, including during performance review process for all direct reports
- Provides ongoing, constructive feedback to staff and consistently holds them accountable for performance, compliance and ethical business conduct and addresses under-performance in an appropriate and timely manner
- Mentors, coaches and supports all team members and ensures self and staff are developing abilities through Edelman Learning Institute and other trainings, including on-the-job training and mentoring
- Sets achievable goals and tasks, delegates opportunities and provides resources for staff to meet their goals; consistently measures and recognizes goal-achievement
- Oversees staff’s work products to ensure quality, consistency and to foster desire to attain and maintain performance excellence
- Empowers staff and instills in them the benefits of taking calculated risks
- Contributes to the performance appraisal process for peers, managers and direct reports
- Assists in recruitment process by interviewing and helping select Edelman personnel
- Records, submits and approves time, expenses and POs to the right project codes on a timely basis
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with Edelman’s values, Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
Relentless pursuit of excellence
- Serves as a positive role model; supports and respects colleagues, clients and partners; focuses on self-improvement and ensures work is based on strategic insights
- Effectively and consistently manages strengths and weaknesses of self and others; enables self and others to bring the best of their skills and talents to work; is consistently ambitious in setting and achieving goals
- Always takes all feedback as a constructive learning opportunity and acts upon it; enables others to thrive as part of agency life and adapts to others’ styles to do so; ensures excellence is repeated by rigorously identifying and socializing key learnings for all colleagues
Freedom to be constantly curious
- Pushes for creative ideas; is purposeful and enterprising in problem-solving; embraces diverse trends, skills, specialties and viewpoints
- Delivers substantial change for clients and the communities in which we operate; ensures new insights from self and others fuel innovation in agency approach and client work; uses diversity of perspective to elevate client counsel, the agency and own career
- Effectively implements change for clients and agency in a way that demonstrates powerful and unique thinking; uses thoughtful, strategic insights and knowledge to balance risk-taking for clients and the agency; holds others accountable for open-mindedness and embracing diverse viewpoints
Courage to do the right thing
- Ensures work and relationships are founded on open and honest communications; listens and asks the right questions during day-to-day work; upholds creative, ethical and legal standards
- Ensures that client counsel and agency action is always purposeful and challenging; prioritizes the interests of the wider agency; holds subordinates, peers and superiors accountable for demonstrating integrity and ethical behavior
- Demonstrates a strategic and thoughtful approach in challenging others to ask the right questions; prioritizes the interests of client service excellence ahead of individual advancement
- At least six years of relevant experience in Communications Marketing and/or related fields, including research, advertising, management consulting, media or publishing
- Experience working with small business or education is a bonus
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university
- Ability to manage large projects, as well as teams
- Understands clients’ businesses and their missions, as well as their key stakeholders: consumers, employees, investors, media, vendors, partners and other businesses/organizations, etc.; able to impart this knowledge to team members
- Superior written and verbal communications skills; demonstrated ability to effectively multitask, delegate and manage assignments and accurately evaluate others’ work
- Familiar with best-practice integrated Marketing Communications tactics and tools and the ability to appropriately recommend them to executive-level clients and lead the execution of all related projects in house
- Ability to act as a daily client contact and possesses a track record of responsible, client-related finance management