Senior Manager, International Accounting & Reporting at USG Corporation
Posted in Accounting 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, this position is responsible for the US GAAP accounting and reporting of our international subsidiaries, including the US GAAP conversion of the monthly IFRS financials of UBBP. This role is also responsible for ensuring Corporate-wide accounting and reporting policies are applied consistently and appropriately to the international entities’ financial statements. This role is responsible for working with internal audit on the creation and maintenance of the internal controls documentation for the international subsidiaries and resolving control gaps and opportunities with respect to these entities. This role has 2 direct reports and dotted line reporting of key financial personnel in our Mexico/LATAM subsidiaries and USG Boral. Some international travel will be required.
Specific responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- This role will have primary accountability for the international accounting close-the-books functions for Canada and Mexico/LATAM; responsible for the oversight and direction of both direct and indirect reports responsible for the activities to close these entity books monthly.
Responsible for the monthly accounting, review and reporting of UBBP including preparation of reconciliations and for the identification, quantification and recording of differences between US GAAP and IFRS. This person will be the key liaison to UBBP for US GAAP technical guidance, and as needed, research and interpretation on IFRS literature.
- This individual will collaboratively work with accounting personnel at our JV partner, Boral, for accounting and interpretation of significant transactions entered into by USG Boral.
- Analytically review monthly reported results for error identification, expected results against plan, forecast or other unusual activity and/or transactions.
- Review new and unusual transactions to ensure that they are recorded in compliance with US GAAP.
- Proactively provide guidance to division leaders to ensure that all accounting impacts are considered in transactions and are included in plan and/or forecasted results. Document accounting treatment in whitepapers to be provided to external auditors and responsible for the collection and organization of all accounting issue documentation across international subsidiaries.
- This role will be the key functional leader for the implementation of the lease accounting standard for our consolidated international entities with monitoring responsibility of the implementation at USG Boral.
- Engage the external auditors in discussion on technical accounting issues as they pertain to the international entities and drive resolution on acceptable accounting treatment.
- Preparation of monthly US GAAP forecasts for UBBP and quarterly (or more frequently) board materials for the Senior Vice President of Global Operations
- Monthly discussion of results and upcoming items with the Senior Vice President of Global Operations.
- Preparation and review of quarterly and annual reporting information used for external reporting.
- At least 10 years of experience in finance and accounting is required, in roles of increasing complexity and responsibility. Experience managing professional staff is required regardless of background;
- Technical knowledge in accounting and internal control: must possess a high degree of technical knowledge of US GAAP and internal controls over financial reporting; Knowledge of IFRS a plus.
Solid academic credentials, including a CPA certification and maintenance of continuing education requirements are required;
- Excellent analytical and technical research skills and ability to make sound business decisions in complex and ambiguous business environments;
Demonstrate a high level of business ethics and integrity;
- Strong executive presence; must have strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to drive change confidently, rapidly and effectively by influencing behavior, even in the absence of clear formal authority. A person who understands the importance of building networks within the organization to drive innovative and winning strategies.