Assistant Superintendent at D.R. Horton, Inc.
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for an Assistant Superintendent for their Construction Department. The right candidate will assist the superintendent with the management of all functions of the job site as it relates to home construction, including but not limited to scheduling and supervising job site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Superintendent in schedule subcontractors
- Must recognize and enforce quality standards
- Review houses daily to ensure readiness for next trade
- Learn the need for uniformity in construction methods within the company, support company policies and construction standards, suggest improvements within the system, and execute policies to ensure compliance with quality standards
- Monitor subdivision cleanliness and hold the subcontractor responsible for daily clean-up
- Walk each completed home before the homeowner walk-through to make sure that the home is complete and clean and meets standards of quality
- Make sure house in complete without any outstanding items before the closing sign off
- Conduct homeowner orientation and re-walk ensuring customer satisfaction
- Calls and walks all inspections with inspectors
- Inspect each house to determine the status per the production schedule
- Assure the quality of workmanship and that all work is in accordance with the plans and specifications
- Walks units to assure they are ready for inspections and subcontractors the day before they are due to arrive
- Prep all units for final inspections and homeowner walk-through
- Note outstanding homeowner walk-through items and schedule subcontractor to repair
- In absence of superintendent make sure all schedules are met
Education and/or Experience
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a vehicle, a valid driver's license, and be willing to travel.
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental. Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America's Builder. #WeBuildPeople2