Assembler - All Shifts at Caterpillar
Posted in General Business 18 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: East Peoria, Illinois
We are currently seeking Assembly and Test Specialists. You will perform a series of routing functions to assemble machine components.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assembling / testing, reworking and repairing machine components
- Performing production based on schedule and continuously improving process efficiency
- Ensuring adherence to Standard Work Sheet to achieve quality products and avoid quality issues
- Participating in pre-shift Process Improvement Dialogue (PID) & Continuous Improvement (CI), raising, submitting issues and suggestions and following up requirements from supervisor
- Providing timely reports to operation supervisor or team lead on material availability and equipment downtime
- Identifying specification gaps and root causes and making adjustments to meet engineering test specifications
Physical Qualifications (With or Without Accommodation)
- Operate equipment including forklift, Hand Jack/pallet truck
- Noise levels of 85db or greater
- Operate overhead cranes, jib cranes and hoists
- Lift up to 35lbs frequently
- Work at multiple heights
- Climb on equipment, machines, ladders and various step stools
- Stand for a minimum of 8 hour shifts with minimal breaks
- Work various shifts and workday schedules including nights and weekends
- Work in environment with frequently changing temperatures and all weather conditions
- Exposure to magnets that may impact medical devices
- Kneel, squat, and crawl on knees
- Work in awkward positions, including forward reach, lateral reach, squat, overhead reaching, twisting and forward head and rotation of neck.
- Work in tight spaces
- Repetitive grasping, pushing, pulling rotating
- Use of fine motor skills
- Use of hand tools
- Required Personal Protective Equipment: hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toed/metatarsal foot gear, and protective clothing and equipment including shock resistant gloves, fall restraint harnesses, jackets, chaps, helmet, grinding shield, cut/heat resistant sleeves, etc.
- Computer skills to access Cat Intranet
- Ability to read prints and use gauges for Quality Inspection