Product Painter - All Shifts at Caterpillar
Posted in General Business 18 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: East Peoria, Illinois
This position involves a variety of tasks required on the paint line including: Load, wash/dryoff, prep, electro-static prime and topcoat, damask and unloading of parts. Maintains quality finish, free of runs, sags, etc. Inspects, tests, cleans, repairs and services spray guns and other spray painting equipment and mixes and maintains supply of paint to paint booths.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Performing maintenance of paint equipment daily or as needed
- Carry out production in accordance with procedures (i.e Safe Job Procedures and Standard Work).
- Strictly follow regulations in wearing the correct personal protective equipment (PPE) for the role. Strictly abide by all safety regulations to avoid accidents or injury.
- Strictly enforce other company rules and regulations. Promptly complete any other work assigned by the supervisor or team leader.
- Assisting in quality analysis and problem-solving
- Completing paperwork as necessary
Physical Qualifications (With or Without Accommodation)
- Operates equipment including forklift and man lift
- Noise levels of 85db or greater
- Operate overhead cranes, jib cranes and hoists
- Stand for a minimum of 8 to 10 hour shifts with minimal breaks
- Work various shifts and workday schedules including nights and weekends
- Kneel, squat, and crawl on knees
- Work in awkward positions, including forward reach, lateral reach, squat, overhead reaching, twisting and forward head and rotation of neck.
- Repetitive grasping, pushing, pulling rotating
- Required Personal Protective Equipment: hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toed/metatarsal foot gear, and protective clothing and equipment including shock resistant gloves, grinding shield, etc.