Construction Inspector Level 3 – Stuart, FL at Tetra Tech, Inc.
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Stuart, Florida
Tetra Tech Inc. is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech Inc., is seeking a Construction Inspector Level 3 to monitor, document, and verify that the construction work is performed in accordance with the contract plans and specifications for a civil works project in LaBelle, Florida. The Construction Inspector will perform construction observation for the civil and electrical engineering aspects of this project along with document control as follows.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review plans, specifications, schedules, submittals and QC reports
- Inspect and document the progress of the work at times appropriate to the construction so as not to impede the Contractor’s construction progress nor allow for an unreasonable amount of work to be performed without inspection
- Document observations, prepare daily reports, obtain daily photographs and enter all documentation into the tracking document software (eBuilder)
- Ensure compliance with the plans and specifications for different areas of the project, including but not limited to earthwork, rebar, sheetpile, concrete, electrical and others to ensure compliance
- Advise Construction Site Managers (CSMs) of deviations, defects, or deficiencies observed in the work that have not been corrected by the Contractor
- Work with the Client and Contractor to resolve any deviations, defects, or deficiencies observed in the work as directed by the CSMs
- Track and maintain the Conformed Construction Document revisions and update field teams as required
- Provide daily site access control and documentation
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4 years of relevant experience or equivalent
- B.S. degree Civil or Electrical Engineering preferred
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record is required
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint) preferred
- Experience using AutoCAD engineering software preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills essential
OTHER DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- The ideal candidate will have strong verbal and written communication skills, be highly organized and capable of working in a diverse team environment and handling multiple tasks with competing priorities. The candidate must have knowledge and experience in field observation of underground construction, earth moving, earth work projects, paving and utilities
- The candidate must also have knowledge of basic construction standards and specifications
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, for immediate consideration please submit your resume to Tetra Tech, Inc., at www.tetratech.com. Please mention the position you are applying for in your cover letter and include salary requirements. A Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Tetra Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.