Buyer III at DRS Technologies
Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Melbourne, Florida
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Crystal City, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS NIS is located on the East coast of Florida in Melbourne. DRS NIS is a leading designer and manufacturer of highly engineered, technically advanced, defense electronics for U.S. and allied international military and intelligence agency applications. DRS NIS manufactures rugged communications interfaces serving military Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Intelligence and Surveillance (C4ISR) initiatives. Products include hand-held devices, targeting scopes, night vision optics, laptop computers and vehicle-mounted systems supporting man-portable and fighting vehicle applications. DRS specialize equipment that allows communication between broad spectrums of battlefield interfaces.
Primary & Essential Accountabilities
- Execute/Generate CPSR-compliant purchase orders, based on approved requisitions, requests for proposals, bids and other similar and necessary documents related to the purchasing of commodities or major subcontract items
- Facilitate and manage any supplier issues (i.e. cost, quality, delivery, customer service)
- Manage all aspects of supplier including A/P holds
- Initiate and follow through on any supplier changes (Engineering Change Notices)
- Lead negotiations and apply knowledge of commercial contract law and guidelines, practices and requirements to assess, plan and negotiate best terms and conditions and to minimize risk
- Establish and maintain sound professional relationships with suppliers. Resolve issues (e.g. pricing, quality, timing, claims, contract disputes, etc.) associated with terms and conditions of service agreements
- Understand demand/spend profile for commodity areas, and provide this information as necessary
- Track and report cost savings or avoidances
- Maintain current accurate records and files of all vendor agreements and related procurement records
- Communicate supplier performance including supplier visits as required
- Be the primary contact between DRS personnel and assigned suppliers
- Lead regular status and business review meetings with suppliers.
- Support, communicate and defend the mission, values and culture of the company
- Bachelor's degree and 5-7 years of relevant work experience
- 5+ years’ experience in government procurement and ITAR, FAR, and DFAR compliant purchase order packages.
- Extensive experience in procurement of circuit card assemblies. Familiar with and able to read technical CCA and electrical drawings.
- Strong component and electrical knowledge.
- Requires the ability to understand and adhere to all laws pertaining to procurement, contracts, breach by contract, etc.
- Knowledge and use of price and cost analysis
- Strong negotiating skills
- Experience working in a CPSR compliant environment
- Strong MS Office skills
- US Citizen or US person status required
Leonardo DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #LEL #EOIS