Senior Electrical Engineering Technician at DRS Technologies
Posted in Skilled Labor - Trades 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
DRS Technologies is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS Naval Power Systems (NPS) a multi-site operation responsible for $350 million of revenue with locations in Milwaukee, WI, Bridgeport/Danbury, CT, Fitchburg, MA, and High Ridge, MO with an employee base of approximately 900 employees. NPS is structured into four Lines of Business: Surface, Submarines, Nuclear instrumentation and Controls and Marlo Coil focusing on supporting the power and propulsion needs of the U.S. Navy. We provide engineering, manufacturing and lifetime support of our highly engineered products.
Senior-level engineering technician to support the design and development of power conversion and power distribution equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the design, development, modification and analysis of various electronics systems
- Read and interpret electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, specifications, and test procedures
- Use 2D or 3D model files to build and repair assemblies
- Ability to use and select proper support tools (DMM, oscilloscope, solder iron, etc.)
- Independently test and troubleshoot items, including testing in high voltage, high power lab environments
- Ability to build, configure, calibrate, and set up test fixtures
- Interact directly with engineers on technical matters and function as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Use basic problem solving skills to work independently, including making part selections
- Perform in-process inspection to identify defects in work performed/material and notify supervisor of concerns
- Test and troubleshoot first article units and engineering models with or without guidance/oversight
- Compile and evaluate design and test data
- Demonstrate proficiency in the skills and tasks listed below:
- Reading blueprints, bus bar fabrication and assembly, plumbing, crimping/lugging, documentation and record-keeping, revising drawings, non-conformance creation in TIPQA software, interpreting manufacturing documents, ESD, solder sleeves, torque tools, wire harness assemblies, wiring and wire ratings
- Other duties per business needs including but not limited to: Solder qualification, forklift operation, fiber optic handling, crane qualification, Field Service, and lab related task
- Associate degree in a technical discipline or 5 years of testing experience.
- Ability to direct the technical efforts of a test team in the testing of major equipment, special products or field installation.
- Proficient personal computer skills including e-mail, record keeping, routine word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
- US citizen and meet DRS security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by the US government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee requires normal manual dexterity, speech and hearing. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to thirty-five (35) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job require frequent use of a computer monitor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer a very competitive base salary commensurate with experience and a business culture which rewards good performance. The Company offers a full range of employee benefits.
Candidates must be a US citizen and meet DRS security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by the US government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment.
DRS Technologies is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #JS #NPS