Senior Visual Designer, Mobile (ASDA) at Walmart eCommerce
Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Sunnyvale, California
What you'll do at Walmart.com
Design and user experience are incredibly important at WalmartLabs. We look to the Senior Designer to envision how to help people save money and live better with Walmart and to bring that vision to life.
As a Sr. Designer, you'll be asked to do more than just create design comps, interactions, and specs (though you'll have to do a lot of that!). To do this, you’ll use your knowledge of the UX process (research, conceptual design, prototyping, testing) in collaboration with other architects, designers, content strategists, researchers, product managers, and engineers.
How you'll know it's right:
• You’ve created business and consumer product experiences for different channels and platforms, often working with senior UX leaders and managers to complete these projects.
• A seasoned veteran, you can craft experiences for any channel or platform, and you are a leader in the creation of business and consumer product experiences. You can work without close supervision, but you seek out and welcome feedback from senior UX leaders and managers.
• You love to solve complex problems and work closely with others who feel the same, and your solutions merge with a larger structure to create a cohesive design ecosystem.
• When you look at Walmart.com, you see multiple easy ways we could restructure our navigation, checkout flow, or page elements to make the experience easier and more delightful for our customer and you’re excited to tell us about them.
• Strong tendency towards visual thinking- using techniques like storyboards and sketching- to communicate interaction design concepts.
• Strong understanding of design theory and concepts to create effective visual communication with hierarchy and balance (typography, color, space, contrast)
• The ability to work with design templates and patterns to create and maintain a scalable and consistent website.
• Familiarity with process flows, site maps, wireframes, screen prototypes, and functional specifications.
• Ability to manage your time and deadlines, as well as the ability to adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the eCommerce business.
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?