Senior Manager, Engineering - International at Walmart eCommerce
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Bruno, California
What you'll do at Walmart.com
The Sr. Manager of Engineering will be a founding member of Walmart eCommerce newly created Cross- Border Trade Initiative.
You will base your work on customer and end user needs and business objectives, lead the engineering roadmap through collaboration with multiple in-market and corporate working teams, measure outcomes to ensure desired results, promote a customer-centric environment, and demonstrate adaptability within a large, complex organization. Collaborating with Walmart Labs proprietary and open sourced tool, you’ll be able to frame the future of one of Walmart’s key strengths – to serve a global market better. As a technical leader, you will provide support and domain expertise to the cross-functional teams across the enterprise as well as Walmart International eCommerce leadership teams
• Defines system architecture and tactical solutions for product development
• Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
• Ensures business needs are being met
• Ensures delivery success
• Ensures efficient delivery of quality product
• Improves, optimizes, and identifies opportunities for improved software development life cycle
• Manages the testing of a functional domain of the technology platform and builds solutions with directors and above to align with business strategy
• Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
• Supports continuous process improvement and innovation
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 10 years experience building scalable ecommerce applications or mobile software OR 12 years experience in building ecommerce applications or mobile software.
• Experience with design and development of highly scalable, platforms in the cloud, which include catalog, order management, and/or payment for consumers.
• Proven ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams with an agile mindset
• Ability to quickly build relationships with key partners across the enterprise
• Strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative approach to achieving objectives
• Effective communicator to act as an advisor to senior leadership and partners
• Flexible and adaptive in ambiguous environments
• At least 1-year supervisory experience of a technical team.
• Start-up mentality. Constantly iterating to be best in class.
• Advanced degree
• International commerce / payments / logistics experience
• Startup or setting programs and teams from the ground up experience
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?