BI Data Architect at Gymboree
Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
The Gymboree Corporation is the leading specialty children’s retailer with four brands: Gymboree, Gymboree Outlet, Crazy 8, and Janie & Jack. At The Gymboree Corporation, we pride ourselves on our ability to evolve with our customer at a rapid pace without sacrificing our commitment to our brands, our quality and our service. We take pride in hiring and retaining great people that are passionate about making a difference, learning fast and dreaming big.
The BI data architect defines and manages the data structures required deliver Gymboree’s BI program. The data architect will establish a focal point for understanding data from the corporate perspective and representing the data so it can be understood uniformly throughout the company.
The data architect will collaborate with multiple project teams in building new data sets and data structures as required, and for managing the distribution, replication and archiving of data throughout the enterprise.
Leveraging a range of new design techniques optimized for BI data structures, the candidate will balance current and future needs in both design and content. He/she will resolve semantic discrepancies in data definitions that arise among multiple sources and projects. While logical data modeling is a preferred skill, this role requires advanced skills in data design and physical implementation of databases.
- Develop information architecture.
- Manage current and future needs in data design and content.
- Resolve semantic discrepancies in data definitions that arise among multiple sources and projects.
- Interpret requirements, define subject area models, align with & review business enterprise model
- Create logical data models and structural dimensional model
- Develop processes for capturing and maintaining metadata from all BI components
- Create state transformation models
- Discover dimension hierarchies / validate hierarchies
- Establish information alignment with business goals & objectives.
- Create information structures that underpin business KPIs and create insights.
- Develop information structures that maximize business insights self-service.
- Foster and champion data governance practices
- Build a common meta-model
- Integrate metadata from disparate systems into unified meta-model
- Define a BI layer on top of the metadata repository to provide business process oriented dashboards & ad hoc capability
- Serves in capacity enterprise information management advisor with the business to “solve” business problems via information management principles.
- Lead data quality management practice.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field
- Six Sigma, Lean or other business process improvement training or education looked upon favorably
- Previous experience with advanced data modeling and information engineering principles. Conversant in common business information models such as inventory supply chain, consumer relationship management, and retail sales analysis. Proficiency in data flows, technology evaluation and business intelligence.
- Proficient in SDLC & project management methodology.
- IT standards literacy: Previous experience with standards such as TOGAF architecture framework, ITIL, COBIT, including compliance topics such as Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
- IT Leadership: Ability to contribute to the organizational strategic thinking beyond area of responsibility. Knowledge of methods for conducting activities which identify and address stakeholders’ needs and consulting to and with the business on the application systems potential impacts. Experience leading technical solution design; data mapping along with overall financial analysis.
- Communications: Strong communicator at all levels of the organization. Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent presentation skills; very strong in one-on-one communications within small and large groups. Influence is a key success factor for this role.
- Achievement Orientation: Knowledge of how the delivery of IT solutions can enable achievement of business requirements. Skills required include innovative problem solving; decision-making; risk taking; execution expertise.
- Service Orientation: Working comprehension of research methods to evaluate stakeholder requirements and responses. Knowledge of the company’s business practices and direction as well as familiarity with the company’s products and resources.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, Visio).
- Strong time management and problem solving skills with ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions.
- 4-6 years of relevant experience in Retail with focus in building/supporting business intelligence solutions.
Principals Only. EOE. No phone calls please. The Gymboree Corporation is unable to provide relocation assistance for this position.
The Gymboree Corporation is unable to provide relocation assistance for this position.