Software Engineer, Elastic Container Service at Amazon
Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Seattle, Washington
Amazon EC2 Container Service team (Amazon ECS) is looking for Software Development Engineers (SDEs) to help drive the development of new features, functionality, and capabilities. The Amazon EC2 Container Service team is building a core set of services that allow our customers to run, manage, and deploy Docker containers at scale. Our goal is to make it easy for customers to build and scale highly-available Services and Batch Jobs. This team will address very unique scaling and implementation problems that directly impact how developers and organizations consume computing capacity in the cloud. You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing. You'll be surrounded by people who are both smart and passionate about cloud computing.
To learn more about Amazon EC2 Container Service: https://aws.amazon.com/ecs
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent
* Experience developing in a modern programming language, e.g. C, C++, Golang, Java
* Strong fundamentals in data structures and object-oriented design
* Comfortable in a fast-paced, start-up like development environment
* Experience building Java-based web services
* Experience using Docker for packaging and deployment of applications
* Understanding of Container and Orchestration Technologies