Lead Housing Navigator, MDT at Union Station Homeless Services
Posted in Nonprofit - Social Services 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Pasadena, California
The Lead Housing Navigator conducts outreach and housing navigation activities with a focus on chronically homeless and highly vulnerable individuals. The Lead Housing Navigator is a member of MDT (Multidisciplinary Team) that will provide services to clients on the streets and in encampments. S/he will provide clinical services, within scope of practice, to clients in need of assistance. S/he will provide clinical support to the interdisciplinary team, within scope of practice. S/he will have a leadership role within the team and will provide oversight of the day to day program activities.
* Conducts outreach activities as part of an interdisciplinary team to engage chronically homeless individuals toward pursuing permanent housing options.
* Receives, assesses and triages referrals from CES team members and community partners.
* Conducts standardized screening and triages chronically homeless individuals along with the interdisciplinary team.
* Assists individuals with collecting documents necessary for applying for permanent supportive housing.
* Provides day to day oversight of program activities as well as day to day supervision of program staff.
* Provides clinical supervision of staff working in Navigation and mental health specialty capacities.
* Attends case conferencing meetings to coordinate services with other providers.
* Connects individuals to supportive services as needed such as mental health, health, substance abuse, employment, etc.
* Documents services and completes data entry into HMIS database.
* Provides linkages to mainstream resources, such as DPSS or Social Security Disability.
* Provides transportation assistance for the purposes of stabilizing the current housing crisis.
* Conducts follow-up activities to ensure completion of the crisis services and housing plan.
* Identifies appropriate interventions to address and resolve the homeless status of program participants.
* Assists individuals with accessing permanent housing opportunities including permanent supportive housing, move-in assistance, shared housing, affordable housing, etc.
* In conjunction with the Regional Coordinator, facilitates weekly case conferencing/team meetings.
* Manages and tracks new referrals and ensures timely outreach.
* Other duties as assigned.
* MSW, MFT or Master’s in Psychology.
* Bilingual Spanish preferred
* Experience assisting low and very-low income individuals access affordable housing.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience working with homeless individuals.