Senior Software Engineer (Platform) at eHarmony
Posted in Software 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Los Angeles, California
Design and develop components of a multi-layered architecture leveraging the latest Web 2.0, SOA and Event architectures. Push the envelope of scalability with the next applications.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Developing applications for a high volume consumer website for a high-profile, nationally recognized, very profitable company
- Developing the next generation of data intensive distributed applications using cutting edge Web, SOA and Event Based technologies.
- Engineering software solutions employing enterprise Java, Spring frameworks suite, RESTful web services, Message based systems, ORMs, NoSQL databases, JVM based dynamic language platforms.
- Work with highly agile, close-knit teams including product management in iterating through feature releases
The successful candidate will have:
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- Skilled in enterprise, open source Java-based technology ecosystem
- Familiar with light weight web technologies stack (JAX-RS/Jersey)
- Well experienced with asynchronous, message based systems (RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- Familiar with Hibernate or other ORM frameworks
- Experienced with Spark and Hadoop MapReduce is a plus
- Familiar with NoSQL technologies such as Redis, MongoDB, Neo4J, Hadoop/HBase
- Skilled with Web-Service based technologies such as SOAP, REST, Spring Remoting
- Excellent understanding of OOD/OOP as well as familiar with at least one functional language such as Scala
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy both solving problems and delivering high-quality software
- Motivated, fast learner of new and emerging technologies
- Experienced at leading development life cycle process and best practices, hiring and mentoring in a technical organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and listening skills
- Ability to participate in a cross-functional team environment
- Sc. in Computer Science or related field preferred