Automation Engineer at Amneal Pharmaceuticals
Posted in Architecture 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Brookhaven, New York
- The Automation Engineer's primary role is to provide hands on installation, troubleshooting and repair of automated processes and facility related equipment.
- Troubleshoot, service and repair of computerized systems and robotic devices that are designed to reduce human interaction, such as robotic assembly devices and computer-controlled building air-conditioning systems.
- Perform hands on field installation, operational start-up, calibration, and commissioning activities.
- Act as field technician, bench technician, robotics technician, production support technician and maintenance technician.
- Improve and monitor automation processes for optimum cost efficiency of production.
- Install and troubleshoot control systems to automate upstream and downstream processing equipment, including Mixers, Coaters, Pouchers, Cartoners, Packaging Lines, Laboratory Equipment, Facility Systems, Stability Chambers, BMS, CIP (Clean in Place) and SIP (Steam in Place), Water System Controls, Tablet Press, Fluid Bed Dryers, Granulators, Vision System, etc.
- Read, understand, verify and develop P&ID, Engineering Layout, Engineering Drawings and Engineering documents.
- Provide 24x7 on-call Automation Support, including technical support and troubleshooting functions.
- Monitor automated systems, isolate problems and perform repairs. For example, technicians at a pharmaceutical packaging facility use weights or specialized instruments to ensure the machines are dispensing the correct amount of food into containers. If a problem occurs, the technician needs to troubleshoot the issue and determine if the problem is mechanical, electrical or from the computer systems controlling the process. Once the issue has been diagnosed, the technician must repair or replace any necessary components, such as a sensor or electrical wiring.
- Assist with training coworkers on using equipment
- Bachelors Degree (BA/BS) Automation Technology or Mechatronics Associate Degree Program - Required
- Experience working with hydraulics, pneumatics, programmable logic controllers, electrical circuits, electrical machinery and human-machine interfaces within industrial and manufacturing plant, food or pharmaceutical processing facilities
- Master's in Engineering or related field
- Good math and analytic skills are essential to understand automated systems and isolate problems. - Intermediate
- Workers are expected to become proficient with various instruments and hand tools, such as electrical millimeters. - Intermediate
- Fully comprehend, verify, and develop P&ID, Engineering Layout, Engineering Drawings and Engineering documents.
- Certifications and credentials from Electronics Technicians Association and the Manufacturing Skill Standards Council are preferable.-Upon Hire-Preferred