Direct Care Staff at SAILS Group
Posted in Entertainment/Gaming/Casino 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Costa Mesa, California
Every person benefits from the support of others, and we look for very special people to support individuals with disabilities. As a Direct Care Staff (DCS) with SAILS you will be one of those special persons. Direct Care Staff are the link to the community for those they serve in the Orange County area.
Provides care and supervision of children with developmental disabilities who require 24 hour consistent care. Supervision, protection and care of children individually and in-groups at all times. Documentation of their progress; identification of the possible need for professional services; and communication of such findings to professional staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
May include but are not limited to the following:
- Follow the directions of the administrator and the lead staff/house manager if applicable and report to the administrator directly.
- Implement the resident’s objectives and behavior plans specified in the ITP/Behavioral Program, but not limited to, health maintenance and safety,independent living skills, basic care, and behavior management.
- Assist residents with their personal care (ADLS) as necessary to maintain hygiene.
- Report any and all incidents, behaviors and occurrences immediately to the Administrator including incidents of possible abuse or neglect.
- If applicable, DCS will write SIRs and submit to Administrator for review.
- Assist residents with all household chores.
- Creates and maintains a home-like atmosphere that best meets the emotional and physical needs of assigned Residents.
- Attend weekly contact meetings with administrator and all regularly scheduled in-services.
- Follow activities schedule, keep residents active and always give them a choice. Take residents on all scheduled outings, doctor’s appointments, etc. as needed
- If an overnight staff, remain awake and alert for residents in the home if and when scheduled and be responsible and alert to consumer’s nighttime awakenings and behaviors.
- After appropriate training, administer Residents' prescribed medication if assigned to you by Administrator.
- Document all occurrences and observations on their proper forms every shift.
- Full-time and part-time positions available
- Monday - Friday: 12am - 8am, 8am-4p, 4p-1am, 6am - 2pm, 2pm - 10pm, 6pm - 12am
- Saturdays - Sundays: 12:00 am to 8:00 am, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, and 4:00 pm to 12:00am (Must have 1 weekend availability to qualify)
- Shifts are available based on need of the program.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent
Required license or certification:
- CPR/First Aid