Reliability Engineer at Scientific Search
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: parsippany, New Jersey
Our client in Petersburg, VA has an opening for a Reliability Engineer. This is an essential role in our client's Integrated Supply Chain group.
Instrumentation Reliability Engineer
- Responsible for identifying and utilizing preferred equipment manufacturers, specialists, and consultants
- Inspection of new and repaired equipment and for making spare parts recommendations
- Managing the predictive monitoring of equipment, documenting repairs, PM equipment inspections during TARs
- Responsible for Root Cause Failure Analysis and identifying best engineering practices
- Provide technical assistance to the hourly Instrumentation work group, as needed
- Provide guidance on new instrumentation technology, plant standards and drawing updates
- Develop and implement Reliability and Maintenance procedures pertaining to Instrumentation
- Work with the E/I group to ensure MI compliance program pertaining to CEM’s and Instrumentation process and instrumentation based environmental reporting
- Responsible for supporting all instrument maintenance in a plant environment with five production units and all supporting infrastructure
- Responsible for evaluating recurring instrumentation and controls failures to determine root cause and corrective action
- Human Responsible for overseeing preventative and predictive maintenance programs for instrumentation and controls
- Responsible for electrical and instrument oversight of activities generated by the Management of Change process
- Responsible for supporting capital projects from design phase to startup
- Back up for Electrical Engineer as necessary
- Responsible for working with I&E supervisor to develop and maintain I&E budget for site
- This position will work to improve instrumentation reliability by applying Reliability Engineering principles, statistical data analysis and supporting work process for the Hopewell facility
- Train and assist people how to prepare Reliability Plans for critical instrumentation: Preventive Maintenance, Predictive Maintenance, Operator Monitoring, Critical Repair activities, and Spare Parts bills of materials quality assurance
- Analyze failures and recommend corrective action
- Lead Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) teams and use lean principles to perform work
- Lead Reliability-focused Failure Modes and Effects Analyses teams where appropriate
- Functional Owner of the Instrumentation elements of the Specialty Materials Inspection, Testing and Preventive Maintenance standards for OSHA 1910.119 Mechanical Integrity element of Process Safety Management
- Maintain currency with developments in the instrumentation fields to recommend improvements to current practices
- Work to develop and implement reliability control plans for instrumented systems as part of an ongoing asset risk management initiative
- Responsible for the safe and proper management and handling of hazardous and non-hazardous waste in compliance with plant requirements
- Minimum BS in Engineering (Electrical/Instrumentation/Controls Systems Engineering preferred)
- 5-8 years of experience as a reliability engineer specializing in instrumentation and controls experience
- Minimum 5-8 years of maintenance and reliability experience in a Chemical, Oil & Gas, Power, or Manufacturing facilities is preferred
- Strong Instrument and Controls knowledge/experience required
- Experience with small scope capital projects
- Capable of analyzing data from equipment history records (SAP, equipment files, vendor research) as basis for reliability plans
- Experience in instrumentation reliability (PLC’s, DCS’s, Sensing Elements, Transmitters, Control Elements and Valves)
- Knowledge in the use and application of predictive technologies (infrared, calibration history, diagnostic software/systems)
- Familiarity/experience with calibration documentation systems
- Portrays excellent team leadership skills. Effective in working with and learning from personnel in various roles and from diverse backgrounds; including engineers, designers, drafters, union and non-union craftspeople, suppliers, and construction contractors
- Experience with utilizing SAP-PM and/or Meridium for reliability data collection and analysis is a plus
- Good proficiency in use of Microsoft products: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Experience with PLC programming, DCS programming, calibration and repair of plant instrumentation, analyzer calibration, combustion flame safety shutdown controls, local control loops, and the National Electric Code and ISA standards
- Self-starter / highly motivated.
- Must be focused on continuous improvement.
- Must work well with all levels of the organization.
- Must provide indirect support to the implementation of the Maintenance Excellence initiative (Planned Maintenance).
- Must provide direct support of the Maintenance Excellence initiative (Proactive Maintenance).
- Attitude must foster a positive team environment.