Service Engineer at Scientific Search
Posted in Architecture 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Houston, Texas
Scientific Search client is dedicated to providing World Class Service through quality workmanship and professional communication. They have an immediate need for several Service Engineers. This is a full time direct hire position with a world class organization. A Service Engineer is responsible for start-up, commissioning, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of company products in North America. Candidates must demonstrate a strong technical aptitude, a high level of professionalism, effective communication skills, and the ability to work independently in the field.
Travel requirements: 50% average overnight travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform start-up, commissioning, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair activities
- Responsible for preparedness of work related details for all on-site service activities
- Responsible for communicating customer concerns and technical issues
- Responsible for timely and accurate on-site communication and final work reports
- Provide customers with equipment training
- Maintain tools, personal spare parts inventory, and technical documentation
- Managing work related travel arrangements within company policy
- Responsible for promoting service contracts and spare part sales.
- Ability to promote company products and notify Sales/Service Team of potential new opportunities
- Strong technical, organization, time management, and communication skills
- Experience and working knowledge of Electrical, Pneumatic, Steam, and PLC (Siemens) equipment systems
- Ability to work independently
- Strong customer orientation
- Ability to read and translate technical schematics and P&ID’s
- Experienced with MS Office Suites?
- Bachelor, Associates, Technical Degree, or equivalent work experience