Datastore Infrastructure Engineer at Lyft
Posted in Architecture 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
Lyft’s datastore team writes products that allow Lyft to scale its architecture, and creates software that maintains datastore reliability. We’re looking for engineers who have deep experience tuning, optimizing and monitoring datastores and the ability to write future-forward, self-healing software with minimal operational overhead.
As an engineer on the team, you will be responsible for some of the most production-critical infrastructure at Lyft. The team works with application developers to ensure that our datastores meet existing and upcoming needs and advises services on how to make better use of datastore resources. You will create software that works with open-source and industry standard technologies to promote low operational overhead, efficiency of use and reliability.
Our team believes in collaboration while maintaining individual ability to have impact. We ensure that knowledge is shared among members of the team. This strategy encourages growth while maintaining work-life balance. We believe in choosing the best store for the data and use Amazon Web Services (AWS) products like Kinesis, SQS, and DynamoDB as well as open-source solutions like Redis and ElasticSearch. We are currently implementing our next generation datastores to meet Lyft’s growing needs. We write Python, Go and C++.
- Developing and maintaining the platforms that house Lyft’s production data
- Working with service owners to understand their data model and use datastores most effectively
- Writing self-healing software that maintains a low operational overhead
- Championing best practices for building scalable and reliable services
- Contributing ideas on how to continuously improve systems and processes
- You have in-depth experience with datastore technologies like MySQL (preferred)* InnoDB, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis and/or ElasticSearch
- You have experience with deep database internals
- You love to code, you’ve worked with multiple programming languages and believe that the requirements of the project indicate the right tool for the job
- You believe you can automate everything and you actively identify opportunities to remove manual processes
- You graciously help others who look to you for feedback and guidance
- You are eager for feedback from others and you are always looking to grow
- You think ahead and build for the future
Our ideal candidate possesses some of the following:
- Knowledge of Linux
- Experience with several programming languages
- Knowledge of configuration management systems such as Puppet, Chef, Salt, or Ansible
- Experience building and running on the AWS platform
- Contributions to open source projects
- A passion for sustainability and/or transportation