Facilities Maintenance Technician at Orbotech
Posted in Construction 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Jose, California
The facilities maintenance technician is responsible for providing support for the maintenance of equipment, machinery, buildings and other facilities.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong knowledge of and ability to provide overall hands-on maintenance activities in a mid-size high tech electronics type facility
- The ability to troubleshoot, maintain, modify and repair building mechanical systems, with a minor emphasis on building electrical systems
- The ability to develop PM programs and maintain critical parts inventories.
- Must also be able to demonstrate a strong work ethic
- Ability to take responsibility for ensuring continued operability of the building systems and timely completion of maintenance projects assigned
- A strong emphasis on safety
- Work is regularly performed in a combination of office and shop environments and is regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. However, the position requires overnight on-call duty and the ability to work during nonstandard hours when the need arises.
Required Education and Experience
- BS or associate degree with technical training in plant engineering or factory/plant maintenance.
- 3+ years of progressive experience and responsibility in a maintenance field
NOTE: This is a temporary position to start with the potential to extend or convert depending on performance.
About Photon Dynamics:
We are the leading provider of yield management solutions to the flat panel display, or FPD, industry. We also offer yield management solutions to the printed circuit board, or PCB, assembly and advanced semiconductor packaging industries. Our test, repair and inspection systems are used by manufacturers to collect data, analyze product quality and identify and repair product defects at critical steps in the manufacturing process.
Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using Orbotech systems.
For over 30 years, Orbotech has been a market leader in developing cutting edge inspection, test, repair and production solutions for the manufacture of the world's most sophisticated consumer and industrial electronics.
Orbotech has over 2,500 employees in 50 offices around the globe: North America, Europe, Japan, and Asia Pacific. The company's headquarters are located in Israel as well as R&D and production of many of its product lines.
Notice to Employment Agencies and Professional Recruiters: ORBOTECH will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any employment agency or professional recruiter (Agency) that submits an unsolicited resume to ORBOTECH's career site or directly to any employee, does so with the understanding that the resume will become the property of ORBOTECH. ORBOTECH will have the right to hire that candidate at its discretion without any fee owed to the Agency.
Agencies that have fee agreements with ORBOTECH and have been engaged on a specific search shall follow the submission process outlined by the ORBOTECH recruiter with whom they are partnering with on the search.
All inquiries by Agencies to become a provider of recruiting services must be directed to and approved by ORBOTECH's Head of Talent Acquisition.